What to wrap raw canes with??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wrap raw canes with??

A bit of an 'odd' question perhaps, but can anyone recommend a material to wrap raw polymer canes in for storage/transport.

I'm doing a clay demo at a the Artisan exhibition later this year and will be selling a selection of raw canes for people to take away - I need something that I can wrap them in for people to take home.

At the moment I use bank coin bags to keep my odds & sods of clay in, as they're the only type of plastic I've found that doesn't react with raw clay long term, but I can hardly wrap whole canes in them!!

I was thinking about tinfoil - would this be 'safe' in terms of longer term (maybe a few weeks) storage?? I'm guessing customers that buy the canes might not use them straight away so I need something that will be ok for a few weeks.

Thanks,

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

have you tried cling film. I use plastic storage boxes with no 'ill effects' but I'm guessing you wont want to give those away
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Greaseproof paper, perhaps?
      http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

The little plastic ziplock / self-seal baggies that you get for beads and stuff are usually fine with clay.

however, I like to wrap canes in a little baking paper and hold the thing together with a little masking tape (easier to remove without damaging the cane than selllotape)

I have canes that are many years old now stored this way with no problems.

Clingfilm can be hit or miss - you need to be sure it isn't pvc based. Personally I just avoid clingfilm for clay storage - had too many problems with it.
        Emma
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
        www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Working...
        X