Extruder Beads -help I'm addicted!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extruder Beads -help I'm addicted!

How do you like the beads I made using the extruder I bought from Emma at EJR Beads? I just made a long sausage of different coloured clay and popped it in the gadget with the single hole disc on the end and then I wrapped the resulting "sausage" around a bit of scrap clay. After baking, I sanded the beads lightly to reveal the different colours underneath. It's so addictive because each one is a surprise! You gotta get yourselves one of these bad boys!

flickrextruder beads main.jpgflickrextruder beads cup.jpg
    Jayne
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Jaykay

oh wow they're very pretty indeed!
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

OOh, yes, they are very nice. I have got some clay from Emma but too scared to try it! I am worried about the oven and getting the right temp. Might have to invest in an extruder!

Comment

Those are fantastic Jayne! Really gorgeous, I love where the clay colours bleed together and the underneath colours peep through.
        Emma
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
        www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Lottihr View Post
          OOh, yes, they are very nice. I have got some clay from Emma but too scared to try it! I am worried about the oven and getting the right temp. Might have to invest in an extruder!
          Oh don't be scared!

If you are worried about the oven temperature, just invest in an oven thermometer - they really will last a lifetime (unless your dad throws your best one away for NO REASON WHATSOEVER - but that's not for here....)

The extruders really are great fun - another cool thing to do with them is extrude long thin strings of black clay. Work this in filligree patterns over a base bead of black and then cover with a dusting of metallic powders such as Perfect Pearls. Gorgeous!

Emma
          Emma
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
          www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Working...
          X