Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toneth
    replied
    Baking polymer clay in foil only reduces the risk of hot spots and fumes a little bit. You can also use a turkey baking bag and/or polyfill but none of this will give your clay a shine.

You will have to use some kind of gloss varnish, glazing agent for a very shiny finish or for a satin finish just buff up your clay using a dry paint brush.

Leave a comment:

• clayqueen
    replied
    Im not sure about the foil giving it a shine
    But id not want to wrap my clay in it while baking as the foil would leave creases and marks.

Leave a comment:

• Pauline@weddingtreasures
    replied
    Ive baked clay wrapped round silver foil but never on it. Its a new one on my too.

Pauline

Leave a comment:

• nomilou-miniatures
    replied
    iv never heard or experienced it either, iv had the clay come out much smoother/shiney if its been up against glass or ceramic but this would generally be the bottom of the piece so no use iykwim

Leave a comment:

• ejralph
    replied
    I have never heard of this and certainly in my experience it is not true.

Most polymer clays bake to a matte finish (some can be a bit more satin finish) but will need varnishing or buffing if you want to bring them to a high gloss

Leave a comment:

• Bev478
    replied
    I must admit, that's a new one on me. Haven't read about that anywhere. Do you remember where you saw it?

Leave a comment:

• caprizzosa
    started a topic Baking polymer clay....

Baking polymer clay....

Hi,
    I read somewhere that baking polymer clay in foil gives your pieces a shine Is this true? and if so, which side do you put them in?. IS it shiny enough not to have to varnish them?

Thanks,

Caprizzosa
Working...
X