X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackvelvet55555
    started a topic Skinner blend help

Skinner blend help

Trying unsuccessfully to make a skinner blend without a pasta machine. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for one?

BV

• ejralph
    replied
    Originally posted by craftybeader View Post
    I had a go at hand rolling the clay and I had a guide at either side of the clay to keep the height and sides even. You could used coffee stirrers (c/o costa or starbucks) or even a pile of old playing cards (about 5 deep) Love the drawings above, that looks a really quick way
    This is how I hand roll blends - I tape bamboo barbeque skewers to the work desk at the right distance apart. It works just as well as with the pasta machine (ie takes flipping ages until it is fully blended!) . Just the pasta machine tires your hands out a lot less!

Leave a comment:

• craftybeader
    replied
    I had a go at hand rolling the clay and I had a guide at either side of the clay to keep the height and sides even. You could used coffee stirrers (c/o costa or starbucks) or even a pile of old playing cards (about 5 deep) Love the drawings above, that looks a really quick way

Leave a comment:

• Blackvelvet55555
    replied
    Thanks I will have a go and let you know how I get on.

BV

Leave a comment:

• Jonesi
    replied
    Video demonstration here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Q2Gs1onKM

Leave a comment:

• Nihal Erpeden
    replied
    I prepared a diagram for you. I hope it can be useful. My english is not good, so I can't explain with words, I hope pictures will be enough.

Last edited by Nihal Erpeden; 31-05-2010, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    replied
    there are some video tutorials on you tube.
    Without a pasta machine, it's simply a longer slower process carried oput in the same way, but rolling with a rolling pin rather than the machine.
    If the clay begins to get soft, put it into the fridge for a bit to harden off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X