I love my new extruder!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my new extruder!

Just wanted to brag about my new extruder that I got from Emma's EJR beads shop - I love it! Super fast delivery too. It's one of those that you can turn a screw to push the clay down the barrell which makes it so easy to use. This is my first cane that I have made with it. I am off to make some beads and pendants now.
    Jayne

Jayne
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Jaykay

Fantastic Retro cane!

So glad you are enjoying your extruder - they really are popular tools (so much so that I am out of stock now and not able to get them in for at least a couple more weeks boo hoo!)

They certainly are a lot easier on the hands aren't they.

I was looking at the additional discs the other day too, some great shapes for building up funky canes. I will have to do a tute for the site one day on using them.
    Emma
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
    www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Jayne I just had a look at your Folksy shop,
      your stuff is lush!!!!!!!!!
      as a newbie to polymer clay and still only messing about at the mo, looking at all your lovely beads and jewellery really has made me more determined to pursue a polymer clay direction(when finances improve so I can invest in loads of clay)
      so a big thank you from me
      x
      emma

blog http://enfysangel.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree Jayne. I bought a silver plunger one and couldn't use it at all so I invested in one of the makin's from Emma. I have only just had chance to have a quick go at it but it was a lot easier to use!!! looking forward to some "me" time when I can get to use it.

Shary
        x
        My cardmaking blog

The other side of me

My new beading blog

So many beads , not enough cash

Comment

Oooh Wow! You talented chickadee
          *Nicola*
          www.smittenkitten.de

Comment

Looks fun! I haven't got round to buying an extruder yet, I suppose I'll have to wait a couple of weeks as Emma is out of stock

Caroline
            silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
            bespoke handmade jewellery
            Silver Jewellery blog
            Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Ah, it shouldn't be too long before I get them back in stock!

Emma
              Emma

Comment

What the dic kins is an extruder?

All Chinese to me?

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Extruders are cunning little gadgets that let you extrude long shapes of clay.

So that could be thin worms to make hair for models or filligree style beads.

Or you could extrude larger shapes in different colours and stack them all together to make a cane, like shown above.

You can even extrude hollow shapes.

Just picture how sausages are made and it isn't far off

Emma
                  Emma

Comment

Originally posted by ejralph View Post
                    Fantastic Retro cane!

So glad you are enjoying your extruder - they really are popular tools (so much so that I am out of stock now and not able to get them in for at least a couple more weeks boo hoo!)

They certainly are a lot easier on the hands aren't they.

I was looking at the additional discs the other day too, some great shapes for building up funky canes. I will have to do a tute for the site one day on using them.
                    A tutorial would be great ;-) I love visiting your site...hmmm methinx an extruder might be a useful bit of kit
                    Bedecked Beads-Handcrafted Jewellery from Scotland

http://www.facebook.com/bedeckedbeads

Comment

Originally posted by Shary View Post
                      I agree Jayne. I bought a silver plunger one and couldn't use it at all so I invested in one of the makin's from Emma. I have only just had chance to have a quick go at it but it was a lot easier to use!!! looking forward to some "me" time when I can get to use it.

Shary
                      x
                      LOl I know what you mean about the silver plunger one. Had to use both hands and felt like I was about to break my thumbs, all for a tiny itty bit of extruded clay.
                      I bought one from Emma's shop a few months ago and its so easy to use its amazing. I don't know what to do with the old one though-I cant put it on eBay in case someone else's thumbs suffer!

Comment

Those silver plunger type ones are fine for ceramic clays - which are usually somewhat softer (or at least easy to make softer for extruding)

It is just polymer clay they suck big hairy at - so I would put it on ebay under the ceramic clay section if you want to sell it. I am sure if you price it right, you will get a taker or two. Of course, whether it would be worth the time and effort after ebay and paypal fees etc is another question.

I have at least two of those extruders and the sugarpaste one (which was quite expensive) gathering dust here - they havent got a look in since I started using the Makins ones

Emma
                        Emma

Comment

Working...
                        X