Pardo Clay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardo Clay

After much searching I have found a craft shop fairly near me , well 45 mins away. Hubby has said he will take me tomorrow, only because he wants to take his new car out!! I've googled the shop and have seen that it sells Pardo clay. Looked up pardo clay and it has good reviews but was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it and has used it? The colours look lovely!!

Shary
    x
    My cardmaking blog

The other side of me

My new beading blog

So many beads , not enough cash

They sent me some to try out, as I was interested in maybe stocking it.

I didn't get on with it at all I am afraid.

It handled nicely, but upon baking all the pieces cracked and the clay seemed to be very heat-fussy.

I was testing that and Cernit at the same time, and the cernit won hands down to be honest.

But there are many other clayers of great experience really do like it - so don't let my comments put you off.

Just maybe pick up a pot or two and test it out first to see how you get on with it, before buying up the whole range, if that makes any sense?
    Emma
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
    www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Thanks Emma, will do.

Shary
      x
      My cardmaking blog

The other side of me

My new beading blog

Comment

Hi Emma

Good to read your views on Pardo. It certainly looks nice in pictures but I haven't got round to trying it yet.

Will be giving Kato and Premo a try next week for the first time. Just hoping it doesn't feel too different to the Fimo and Sculply I am used to. I do love squidging clay!
        LC's Beads
        http://www.freewebs.com/lcsbeads
        http://www.lcsbeads.folksy.com
        http://www.lcsbeads.misi.co.uk
        http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?v=wall&ref=ts

Comment

I think if I were to bother with Pardo again, I would bake it at a lower temp than they recommend and see if the cracking issue went away.

Trouble is, I don't have the patient to babysit clay in the oven if another brand does everything I need. Which is why the pardo didn't really grab me - even though the colour palette did look very interesting.

Another reason I was put off is the strange packaging - it comes in little balls of clay (like scoops of melon) in a plastic pot. The amount of clay I use, it would make storage space quite an issue!

But it is always good to try out as many clays as you can. They all have their own quirks which some people will love, some will hate. I know many people love the smell of Kato clay for example, but I just cannot use it because of that as it gives me headaches. I am quite a sensitive little flower though

Emma
          Emma

Comment

So disappointed at the weekend. We couldn't go to the shop that sold the Pardo, woke up Saturday morning and we'd had about 6 inches of snow and the roads were really bad. I'm trying to persuade hubby to go next Saturday but I know the rugby is on!! I might pull the mother's day treat trick.

Shary
            x
            My cardmaking blog

The other side of me

My new beading blog

Comment

Did anyone find out what was causing the Pardo clay to crack? I've been trying some lentil beads with it and it's been doing the same thing...is it too much heat? too long in the oven? If anyone has had some success with it could they suggest some guidelines on what works for them?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I'm due to talk to the Pardo people at some point next week, so its one of the things on my list to discuss.
                Will let you know if I find out anything.

Instinct says you are right though and its heat related - I just haven't had much chance to play around with my pardo clay and test for optimum baking scenarios.

Emma
                Emma

Comment

That would be great Emma, thankyou very much

Comment

Working...
                  X