New bit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bit!

Thank you Mr M for our brand spankin new polymer playroom.

So which of our forum members does what with polymer?
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

I saw this and thought you were talking about a new bit as in drill. One track mind

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Yay, it's here! Thanks Mr Media.

I make polymer clay beads and jewellery, but I also like to make little figures (they're very much just for fun though. No matter which animal I make, people always think it's a squirrel!)
      ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

Comment

Oh so glad to have a polymer clay section here.

Well - I sort of live, breathe, eat and sleep polymer clay. Well, I don't eat it - but if I could, I probably would!

I make beads, and sometimes jewellery too, primarily. I also write about polymer clay, time allowing and sell the clay and related tools and supplies from my online store too.
        Emma
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
        www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by ejralph View Post
          . Well, I don't eat it - but if I could, I probably would!

You don't? Really? Not even by, say, accident? (I found a piece in my cup if tea once I only tasted it a moment, but it wasn't too bad)

Comment

Yeah ok, I lied.

But only the once. I had to know....

Emma
            Emma

Comment

Thank you Mr Media

I'm just starting out, I want to make some embellishments to go on my plaques and I wanted a go at something new.

I'm sticking to very simple and basic for now!! but hopefully effective too, just to add a little something to some of the plaques. I've put my 1st attempts on the craft projects threads

I'm bound to be on here loads asking loads of questions so sorry in advance.
              http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
              Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
              My Facebook

Comment

Hi Emma,
                I have been reading all the threads about fimo and would love to try it.
                could you post a list of what you thing a beginner would need ?
                thanks sally

Comment

I make cake toppers, all kinds of animals, jewelly (though not put any up for sale), door plaques, christmas tree ornaments, fridge magnets, beads, garden pots, and just about anything else I think of.

Great to have a polymer clay room
                  Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline@weddingtreasures View Post

Great to have a polymer clay room
                    If it's anything like most polymer clay rooms, it'll be covered in mica powder and glitter within the first day ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Hazer View Post
                      If it's anything like most polymer clay rooms, it'll be covered in mica powder and glitter within the first day ;p
                      ROFL Scarily true.

Mr Man was annoyed with me one day about all the glitter and shouted "can't you keep that hippie dust of yours under control?"

And he didn't realise why I just fell over laughing.

Emma
                      Emma

Comment

Originally posted by just sally View Post
                        Hi Emma,
                        I have been reading all the threads about fimo and would love to try it.
                        could you post a list of what you thing a beginner would need ?
                        thanks sally
                        Much depends on what type of work you want to do really.

A modeller would have a very different basic tool kit from someone who makes beads and jewellery for example.

I have started another thread in this section though, just listing what I think is really useful to start out if you want to make beads and jewellery.

Hopefully others will add to the thread with their lists of "must-have" tools too!

Emma
                        Emma

Comment

I'm really glad you suggested this Emma, think it's just what the forum needed.
                          As a complete newbie to polymer clay I will watch these threads with interest,
                          Thanks
                          emma

blog http://enfysangel.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                            Thank you Mr M for our brand spankin new polymer playroom.

So which of our forum members does what with polymer?
                            Hi, I've used neutral coloured polmer for a while and painted it. (Couldn't find beads to buy that were big and bold enough, so tried to make them instead). But I am entirely new to using coloured polymer clay, and I feel like I am starting all over again - all those new fiddly techniques, and my hands feel so big and clumsy..... Hopefully, things will get better......

PS. Yes, THANKS Mr M!
                            Elizabeth

www.elizabethcampbell.org.uk

Comment

What a great idea! I've just got into making polymer clay beads and pendants for jewellery. I love it and the OH bought me loads for Christmas.
                              I'm going to upload some of the stuff I've made to my website this weekend and will post some piccies when I do.

Caroline
                              silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                              bespoke handmade jewellery
                              Silver Jewellery blog
                              Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X