Sanding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding?

I need some advice. I like the patina achieved when sanding my polymer clay pieces but was stuck at how do I sand a 3D piece? I use a Dremel but I’ve been too scared to even attempt to sand anything that is more than just a flat shape?

thank you all in advance

Cut your abrasive into smaller strips and do it by hand that way you can access any small corners etc. A dremel uses very harsh abrasive and kit would be far to eas=y to just put grooves and ridges in the work.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Wot Pete said. You can also buy sanding sticks, jewellery makers often use them, or make your own by attaching the sandpaper to dowels and small cone shaped pieces of wood to get into all those awkward little places.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

As the gentlemen above have mentioned, using sanding sticks or any other form of manual hand sander you can come across for the job, instead of using an electric sander.

Comment

Working...
        X