Ruined my work with spray varnish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined my work with spray varnish

I’m so gutted. I’ve spent hours working on my “junk yard” dragon. Using sculpy and silicone mould’s I made.

My dragon was done - painted, and I thought I’d finish it off with a nice shiny gloss coating to really make it look like metal.

its now just a sticky tacky mess

All that time wasted. I just had to tell someone! Hi! This is my first post

Love the steampunk dragon. So sorry this happened and I have nothing helpful or constructive to help you I'm afraid. Home someone comes along who can.

Welcome to the Crafts Forum though.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Love good steam punk (like this). Personally I rarely use lacquer but if I do I make sure that it is compatible with whatever material and finish I am putting it on. Some is cellulose, some acrylic and some even water based and they can react badly so always worth having a practice sample to try it on first.

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Just passing by. But I had a similar problem in the past, used multiple layers and the result was really sticky. So I ended up getting paint thinner and removing all of the paint and trying again. I then used much less paint with more thinner and used a 25W light bulb to help to dry the paint.
        Also, don't forget that you need to work on a coating in a low-humidity environment.

The dragon is nice, btw!
        my blog about sewing and embroidery

Comment

Working...
        X