This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo editing software for laptop

Hello I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a software program that I can use on my laptop. I have a good camera that I am happy with I would just like to make collages of my items to group them together to make them more presentable. I don't want anything fancy just does what it says on the tin so to speak.

You can't get much better than this, does as little, or as much as you want. Also it don't cost anything.
    regards

Tam "now a hobby woodturner"

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. (John Ruskin 1819-1900)

Comment

Well! to make simple changes to your photo you can use Microsoft Office.
      For an advanced image editing software you can choose one of those
      1.Gimp
      2.Paint.NET
      3.PhoXo
      4.Funny Photo Maker
      5.Photoscape

Comment

I have Lightbox free and Photoscape and of the two I prefer the latter.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Picmonkey is great for collages and there is a free version too xx
          Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Depends what you want to do, I use Corel paint shop pro.

Dave.

Comment

they are some free tools such as gimp and paint.net. I am using Adobe creative cloud which is very good but not free. Corel is quite good too , you can get a free trial too before buying the product. I think it is free for 30 days and so does Adobe creative cloud do too.

Comment

I use Gimp too takes a few hours to get your head around layering if you have no experience like me but then posters, banners etc are all easy to make.

Have fun, Elisa

Comment

The quickest in apprehension is PICASA. Start from there and let us know how it went.

Comment

Hi, I use picasa and Picmonkey online. http://www.picmonkey.com/

Picmonkey is great to make collage too where you can create Facebook and other like Etsy. I like to use it for collage photos and framed them. I made an example just now with the photo from my facebook to show you . I made it in a matter of 10mns. Ok I didn't think just add things but it came out ok. I love using Picmonkey. Lots of tutorials on YouTube.
                    .craft forum example-compressed.jpg
                    Simple and Easy Ideas to Make Things for Children

Comment

I Recommend you program "paint net" . This is not a standard paint and improvements. Type in Google "paint net"

Comment

Gimp is a pretty good free alternative to Photoshop (but Photoshop would be the top end tool IMHO).
                        I run Photoshop on my 4 year old laptop no problem (I do connect it to a larger monitor though when im working at home - keeping the laptop monitor as a secondary monitor which i can have refence images open on, or tutorials etc.)....sorry I deviated off topic there a bit!

Comment

Oh I forgot Photoshop Elements is good too (its cheaper than full photoshop) - I got it free with my Laptop

Comment

you can do everything with photoshop, i suggest for you adobe photoshop & lightroom

Comment

Living with a Dutch man (renowned for keeping a tight zip on their wallets!) who is also an I.T. guy, we very rarely fork out money for any kind of computer software. There is nearly always a free option. I use Picassa 3 simply because it's so user friendly and the only one I can figure the basics out on. Theo uses Gimp - so between us, we have decent photos without costing a penny. He does actually have an old version of photoshop on this computer, but it's all in Dutch, and even just clicking on buttons trying to figure out what things do on it makes me lose the will to live. It's just far too complicated. I would suggest trying one of the free ones first, and then if they don't do what you want maybe consider buying Photoshop or whatever. I find the two programmes we use are all singing and dancing enough for what I want, and more besides.
                              Charlotte x

Comment

Working...
                              X