Black acrylic relflecive panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black acrylic relflecive panels

I would like to try and use a black Reflective panel when photographing some jewellery that I have made. Please can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could purchase one and any idea on the price.

Thank you to anyone who reads.

Marie

You probably need a piece of Polyester Laminate, the sort of material you see on kitchen doors. Try googling Polyester laminate ot look at Resopal, Duropal and Formica amongst others. Try and find a contemporary kitchen maker near you and ask if they can supply you.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

these guys are very good

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-ACRYLIC...#ht_3613wt_991
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Nice link George, always wary of e-bay sellers unless recommended by someone.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Sorry guys for not replying earlier. I will have a serious look at the ebay contact.
          we do have a kitchen manufacturer in the next town, I would never have thougth of there.

That is the great thing about this forum everyone is always great at helping each other out.
          I have asked for advice many times from joining a few years ago and somewone has always replied with a contact advice or just to wish me luck.
          This is truly a place where everyone helps each other.
          Thank you Craft Forum

Marie

Comment

Google "Steve's Photo Shop" (I can't do links yet) he does a white and black in a set for about £20 (I have no affiliation other than being a customer of his)

One Note: Black acrylic is very difficult to work with. They turn specks of dust and lint invisible to the eye into horrendous white neon worms and specks. You are going to want a blower (Google "Rocket Camera Blower) and some anti static dusting cloths

Comment

How about a black floor tile? Or a piece of glass on top of something black - material, paper etc.
              If you look at the latest trends and 'looks' a lot of jewellery is photographed with a white background which tends to show off colours a lot better. Although white can be hard to work with there are ways around it.

HTH x
              Hmade.co.uk

Comment

I go tmine from amazon, it has little magentic legs and it is black perspex. Great but it does let dust settle so you've got to be quick!

Comment

Working...
                X