Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting jewellery on mirrorglass?

Hi you all photographers!

I have heard that taking pics of jewellery can be quite tricky, cause of the lighting- and background troubles.
    How about placing the jewellery on mirrorglass...? Can it be done? Or is there too much reflections...?
    Pia from Sweden
    No homepage yet...

it can be done, but there are problems to overcome with reflections, flash, light etc.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

It took me a second or two to realise this thread was about photography, lol. I was very intrigued.

Anyway, I've seen some great shots of jewellery on mirrors, and on black mirror type surfaces. Only thing is, IMHO, although they look great, it can be confusing if the photo is for selling the jewellery. I once saw a photo of a bracelet, and thought the item for sale was a double strand bracelet, but it was just the reflection.
      Celia
      I can't be creative and tidy too
      www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
      The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
      Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Hi Pia I use frosted mirror so there is less reflection, I am also changing to a black background to reduce reflection too. although natural light is best you will sometimes get shadows.(look on the stone) after 3 years I am still experimenting.
        IMG035.jpg
        Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Thank you all (Beadsbydesign, Jencel and Lilac Moon Designs)!

Shadows and reflections can be tricky! I'm still using an old, analog(?) pocketcamera (Minolta) and yesterday I found my Olympus Trip 35 (I hope it's still working!). I really must buy a digital camera. I'm fed up with these film rolls...!

Hugs,
          Pia from Sweden
          No homepage yet...

Comment

Working...
          X