Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The" right" digital camera for jewellery shooting...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The" right" digital camera for jewellery shooting...?

Please, help me! I got to buy a digital camera but I can't choose from the zillions of brands. Not too expensive, but a good brand and fairly easy to use.

Are mobile/cell phones with cameras "good" enough for photographing jewellery?
    I will (mostly) take pics for the Internet.

Please, give me some tips. I'm ,bewildered and overwhelmed by adds.

Hugs,
    Pia from Sweden
    No homepage yet...

Hi Pia
    I bought a Canon Powershot a few years ago as it has great reviews for its macro facility - it cost me around £100 . I am really happy with it . If you search the forum there will be posts with tips for taking better photos
    Chris xx
    My Website
    My Blog

Comment

There isn't a right camera, only a right photographer....!! Most compacts these days are at least 8Mp and have macro facility, the ability to turn off flash, image stabilisation and can cope well with low light levels. You can get a decent camera for under a £100 - I've got a Canon Ixus 95 to supplement my SLR and it can do everything that can, except change lens! The best thing is to get a decent compact and then practise and practise and practise...you won't take perfect product shots first time - it will take a lot of effort to get positioning and lighting just right. I would offer to 'train' you but sadly, Sweden is just a bit too far for an hour's tuition!!

Judith
      www.happysheepdesigns.com

Photographic cards, prints and gifts, and hand-knitted/crocheted accessories and clothing

www.busyted.co.uk

Home of Busy Ted! Also find him on Twitter @busytedstuff and on Facebook

Comment

You need a camera that you can play around with the strength of flash and white balance adjustment really. I've got a panasonic lumix and find it very versatile. I photograph jewellery, bags and my children. My husband photographs landscapes, trains and lego.
        www.belovedly.co.uk
        www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
        www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by HappySheep View Post
          There isn't a right camera, only a right photographer....!! Most compacts these days are at least 8Mp and have macro facility, the ability to turn off flash, image stabilisation and can cope well with low light levels. You can get a decent camera for under a £100 - I've got a Canon Ixus 95 to supplement my SLR and it can do everything that can, except change lens! The best thing is to get a decent compact and then practise and practise and practise...you won't take perfect product shots first time - it will take a lot of effort to get positioning and lighting just right. I would offer to 'train' you but sadly, Sweden is just a bit too far for an hour's tuition!!

Judith
          Hi, Judith!

Yes, Sweden is too far from everything and you're so right: there are no "right" cameras only right photographers!

Canon has always been a favorite brand of mine. I think I will choose between Ixus and Powershot and start practising. Practise makes one perfect .

Thanks for your honest answer.

Hugs,
          Pia from Sweden
          No homepage yet...

Comment

Thanks for your tip, Ali! Panasonic Lumix, hmm...?
            Pia from Sweden
            No homepage yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiamyka View Post
              Hi Pia
              I bought a Canon Powershot a few years ago as it has great reviews for its macro facility - it cost me around £100 . I am really happy with it . If you search the forum there will be posts with tips for taking better photos
              Hi, Chris!
              Thanks for your answer. Canon Powershot sounds good. Canon Ixus is also a very good camera, I have heard...

Hugs,
              Pia from Sweden
              No homepage yet...

Comment

This forum is grrreat! You all are so nice and helpful. I have tried Swedish forums but they are not half as nice as Craftsforum is. Thanks!

LoL,
                Pia from Sweden
                No homepage yet...

Comment

I have a Fuji Finepix 1500 which has a Super Macro setting on it which is great for jewellery. Think it has been superceeded by the 2000 now but was less than £100 and is perfectly adequet and any improvement now ( and I need lots ) is down to the user not the camera !!

Good Luck,

Mo.XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk
                  https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thanks for your reply too, Mo
                    Pia from Sweden
                    No homepage yet...

Comment

How about Nikon Coolpix...?

Has anyone used Nikon Coolpix...? It's on supersale just now (here in Sweden). It looks fine, but does it work well ?
                      Pia from Sweden
                      No homepage yet...

Comment

I found a lot of useful information on this website:

http://www.tabletopstudio.co.uk/Page...uitability.htm
                        Annie

Comment

Working...
                        X