So who's into photography?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's into photography?

Firstly, I'd like to say a big for the new forum.

So, what sort of things do you like to photograph?
    Not just the professional photographers on here, but anyone who likes to pick up a camera?

I'll start: I love photographing children. I really try to capture their spirit when I photograph them and love it when I'm 'developing' the shots & find a real gem. I've tried other things, but keep returning to this. If I photograph a nice landscape I just think - that would be great if it had some kids running in the foreground.

So, what sort of photographs do you love taking? Do you take photographs for a hobby? To show off your craft? As a business? etc...

Sarahleigh
    Sarahleigh

www.sarahleighphotography.co.uk

For me it's a business. I've been photographing since age 11 & I think I've covered most aspects bar underwater at some time.
    The beauty of photography is turning your perspective on anything into a piece of art, not neccessarily one appreciated by everyone else. The killer buzz is when someone else admires it/buys it/commissions you/wants to learn from you, & not particularly because of the money it can generate.
    PASSION!

Originally posted by Sarahleigh View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to say a big for the new forum.

So, what sort of things do you like to photograph?
    Not just the professional photographers on here, but anyone who likes to pick up a camera?

I'll start: I love photographing children. I really try to capture their spirit when I photograph them and love it when I'm 'developing' the shots & find a real gem. I've tried other things, but keep returning to this. If I photograph a nice landscape I just think - that would be great if it had some kids running in the foreground.

So, what sort of photographs do you love taking? Do you take photographs for a hobby? To show off your craft? As a business? etc...

Sarahleigh
    www.derekhenderson.ifp3.com

Comment

Totally agree with Derek above.

I am self employed with regard to the photography but have to hold down a day job to pay the mortgage!

The beauty is that anyone can capture a moment and noone else can replicate that, whether its with the most expensive SLR or a mobile phone.

Like Derek, I started young when given my first camera at the age of 7 to take to Chessington Zoo. I photographed gorilla feet, sandwiches, and cut off the heads of everything i atttempted to photograph but was hooked after that!

My wife and I have a passion for wildlife and all things nature and if we can get people to share some of that with us at the craft fairs then I can go home happy.
      Web: www.randmphotography.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/dolts007

Comment

Originally posted by dolts007 View Post
        I am self employed with regard to the photography but have to hold down a day job to pay the mortgage!.
        yes, me too.
        Sarahleigh

www.sarahleighphotography.co.uk

Comment

I love photography but haven't had the time apart from photgraphing some handmade soaps. lol

There's a great photography community over at thedvdforums.com don't know if you have to join to see it as I've always been a member.
          The photography sometimes is stunning, but there are a lot of amateurs too. Just at the moment they're holding the Photo a day challenge. For one month a year you have to shoot one shot a day, it's really fun.
          www.pure-light.co.uk - Pretty soaps, candles, bath and gifts.

Comment

I love my camera!

I used to work as a family photographer in coventry but after a family loss, i wanted to be coser to home! At some point i have covered it all from taking to processing and even framing!

I have to say i love photographing 'live' things like people plants and animals, with my daughter being the main focus of the pics! I dont have any passion at all for landscapes, they always look like something is missing to me (like the poster above)

I did start {365} this year but it kinda died out after a while, hoping to give it another go next year though.
            Jo

Independent Stampin' Up! Demo in Nuneaton, Warwickshire

Visit my Blog, & My Gallery (on this site)

Comment

I'm not a professional but I do love photography - I've thought about doing an evening course and may add it to my list of 'thing to do before I'm...'! I like photographing scenery and things like buildings at interesting angles! I took some shots of the KL Tower in Kula Lumpa when we went travelling and I love those shots!
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I love clicking away with my camera even though I don't get many great shots and don't know what I'm doing. Some pics I am proud of are those of my grandson when he was about 5-6 months old. I'd love to learn how to be a better photographer. I currently have a Konica Minolta dimage and it's pretty good for me (if a bit clumpy!) I more often than not use my phone camera though, lol.
                Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've been photographing very much off and on since I was 5, but it only got going with it when DSLRs came out. Not really any particular specialty, whatever I get lucky with. In some ways what I enjoy most is the post processing. I shoot everything in raw, and I like playing with the lighting and color to get it just right so that it's magical. I quite enjoy taking something really orginary looking and turing it into something special and look at the before and after. Sometimes I do abstract Photoshopery as well, like lately I have been having fun finding pictures that make pretty patterns when you twirl and spherize them. Then they can make good jewelry when you print them on shrink paper.

As to supplies, I have recently discovered Crafty Computer, a fantastic source for a cross between photography and craft. I think if you can get something through a printer they can find a way to print on it.

Comment

I am a photographer to, mainly spe******ing in social photography but I also do some fine art prints etc

Trying to build up my business, but its a long old process!!

Comment

I love photography! I did a course for my A levels and loved every bit of it!

I love to take portraits as i find people really interesting. But i also love taking pictures of nature!

As well i love to edit pictures, whether it be completely changing it, adding things in, or just a simple sharpen and touch up. I just absolutely love playing around with photoshop!

Comment

Photography is an art. We can all take pictures and some of us can even see what would make a good picture but actually taking it the way you see it doesnt always happen. Ok I am talking about myself here. I can see a scene or an image and think how lovely that would be, but I cant take photographs to save my self...lol
                        I have met a few photographers that take some great scenic pictures and I have often used them as desktop themes on my computer. Its a fabulous art and one day I WILL DO that photography course
                        Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                        Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                        My blog
                        Facebook

Comment

I did a bit when it was film but have not really got into it since it went digital. I taught Photoshop at college along with image manipulation and still enjoy playing with that. I really need to take it more seriously though as most of the photos of my wood turning are really naff and can't be doing me any service.

pete
                          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

My partner is the real photographer but I have a dabble!
                            Neither of us are prefoessional however we are bothed filled with passion for photography,
                            We try to see a photograph in everything as everyones taste is different.
                            We are new to this forum so please feel free to look at our website, it is still under construction but comments are really welcome!
                            Caroline and Rees
                            http://www.aagphotographic.com

Comment

I do take photos for pleasure. I like to photgraph wildlife when i get the chance. i also photograph what i've been up to with my little girl i do take photos for myself for memories.
                              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                              X