Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• origami

Hello

Just got my beginners book through the post excited to start this, just waiting for the paper! - im trying out some crafts that wanting to for a while and this is one of them anyone else beginner or do origami?

many thanks

X
    My new blog - http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/

Ooh! I love attempting origami but I always get to a point where the instructions are just too complicated for me to follow. I hope you enjoy your book. I'll be interested to know how you get on. If you get on to the trickier folds you'll have to share how they're done. If you struggle I'll see if I can help. In fact you reminded me I bought an origami calender at the beginning of the year. I was meant to do something each day but it came in such a good case to display things in that I used it to display the kids cards to daddy.
    View my blog: http://decobowes.blogspot.co.uk/

Find unique personalised decopatch gifts here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Decosams?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Comment

Blimey Jen , I remember doing origami when it was a programme on the telly of an afternoon. Everyone was buying origami paper and buying the book to have a go. ( the 70's, before your time I think ;-). But saying that, totally enjoyed it!

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
        Blimey Jen , I remember doing origami when it was a programme on the telly of an afternoon. Everyone was buying origami paper and buying the book to have a go. ( the 70's, before your time I think ;-). But saying that, totally enjoyed it!

Dave.
        Robert Harbin! I remember that programme and I loved to have a go, but unfortunately didn't, at that age, have the patience to be precise enough to produce quality results.

Linda

Comment

That's the chap! Robert bloomin' Harbin!...that's it..I'm off on a YT search. Many Ta's for that Linda.

Dave.

Comment

Haha....and there he is!

Dave.

Comment

So far kinda made a penguin and a swan like thing lol have you done any from that book now Dave?

thanks hun Callander sounds good- yeah now have two books one is good one is so hard think for that one need to look on YouTube for what instructions mean lol
              My new blog - http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

My daughter has a dinosaur origami book, it is a bit too difficult for her so i end up making the dinosaurs!
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by Jennybenny View Post
                  So far kinda made a penguin and a swan like thing lol have you done any from that book now Dave?

thanks hun Callander sounds good- yeah now have two books one is good one is so hard think for that one need to look on YouTube for what instructions mean lol
                  Haha...not really Jen, when we had his book I was about 11or 12......I'm 52 now!

Dave.

Comment

I have done quite a lot of architectural cutting and folding which is known as kirigami. It might give you a few new ideas or inspiration. Take a look at my pictures at granjune.weebly.com

Comment

Aw I love origami! I can just about make a swan though haha!

Comment

Oh, I like to make origami, but I can only make a crane

Comment

Working...
                        X