best craft punch/border punch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best craft punch/border punch

i'm in process of making boxes for my wedding and want a fancy border/edge i bought a 2" border punch ( x-cut) it doesnt cut through my card easily, be fine for a few boxes but i need 50-60! so i'm looking for a good border punch make that cuts 210gsm card, maybe bigger than 2" but an easy cut?

I was looking at the Martha stewart punches are these any good?

Most punches are designed to cut paper or thin card and they are generally intended to cut one sheet at a time so can make heavy work of a large project.

I have MS punches and they are fabulous designs but they require a lot of effort to punch through card and seem happiest cutting at around 160gsm.

Stampin' Up! punches will cut 220gsm cleanly but they discontinued the larger border design and the current ones are fairly narrow. Not sure if that will suit what you had in mind but might be worth a look.

If you have a die cutting machine you might be better taking that route - there are some gorgeous border dies out there.

Good luck in your quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Christa View Post
      Most punches are designed to cut paper or thin card and they are generally intended to cut one sheet at a time so can make heavy work of a large project.

I have MS punches and they are fabulous designs but they require a lot of effort to punch through card and seem happiest cutting at around 160gsm.

Stampin' Up! punches will cut 220gsm cleanly but they discontinued the larger border design and the current ones are fairly narrow. Not sure if that will suit what you had in mind but might be worth a look.

If you have a die cutting machine you might be better taking that route - there are some gorgeous border dies out there.

Good luck in your quest.
      thanks for the reply - might be a good excuse to buy the bigshot!

Comment

I find it easier to line up punches if you need a long border. I know you can stick the dies down but they can move if you aren't careful.

I use around 220gsm for most of my cards and never have a problem with stampin' up, x-cut or martha steward punches.
        Its becomes harder to punch with increasing complexity of bordr shape and depth of border. I think thats why they discontinued the SU deep lace punch.

Comment

Hiya,
          I like Tonic punches and they have a very good border punch system that you can use with most boot punches. The system consists of a ruler type gadget which the punch slots into and is very reasonably priced. I've used them to punch card without any problems.

Incidently, to sharpen punches, punch several times through cooking foil.

Hope this helps and good luck for the big day.

Comment

Working...
          X