Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to iris folding

card.JPG

This is my first ever attempt at iris folding!

Naturally I have used my beloved glitter in the center, to ostensibly form a Christmas tree...a triangle shape. I can’t find my star punch, but I have the gold foil…so I’ll eventually put a gold star on top of the little tree. Then I will apply red glitter letters saying ‘Merry’ across the top whitish part, and ‘Christmas’ across the bottom whitish part.

Inside I’ll have a printed liner in off-white saying … something Christmassy!

It’s hard to tell, from this photo, but the iris folding design in it’s frame (picture mat) is raised for a 3D effect.

Love it, although Christmas already???? Pah some people are just so organised

I nearly always put glittery stuff at the centre of my iris folding, I just can't help myself Although having said that I made a really cute baby's feet card when my friend had a little girl and used pink glitter paper in the main design and then used patterned pink paper as the iris and the toes...must try and get the pics uploaded into my album.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I would love to see it!

I'm not so organized...Christmas stuff is all I have on hand!

Comment

I did some iris folding with my card making group a couple of weeks ago. They all started off moaning that they didnt think this would be for them too fiddly etc and then when then turned them over they all loved them! Some of them even did another one in the session and since then they have been out and bought pattern books etc! I love the results but must confess that I am not really a keen iris folder myself, including it in the classes has made me do a bit more of it of late.
        I love your card, really funky and obviously glitter or metallic must go in the centre x
        www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Meljov5 View Post
          including it in the classes has made me do a bit more of it of late.
          I was exactly the same, never really bothered with it until I taught a few classes in it and since then I've done quite a lot of iris folding cards. As we're in the middle of decorating and doing up the house most of my card bits are packed away but the iris folding packs and strips take up very little room (and make little mess) so I have 1 box with these still out so virtually all my cards are iris folding at the moment.

Susan I'll have a word with DH and see if he can upload the card sometime over the weekend as I always end up screaming when I attempt it

Comment

Looks great....this is one style I have never tried. Maybe I should give it a whirl one of these days because it looks so neat

Comment

I do it with my elderly friends at day care but I myself am not too good at it. I tell them what and how and they do it themselves.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Here's my second one -

I made a little mistake...so I will cover it up with a paper flower and some 3D adhesive pads...

My pic will prolly show up as an invalid attachment but you can see it in my cards album.

Comment

I've never looked in your album before. Love your craft bungalow, lovely Christmas cards (nice iris folding) and yes, we can tell which is you and which is the goat. lol. I enjoyed having a nosey around.
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I've never had a go at iris folding. I have to be a good girl and not start too many new crafts otherwise I will not have the storage space for them all!!! Your attempt looks good
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I just tried something out - a little copper medallion in the center. I've never done this before so it's not "practised" but it looks alright...what do y'all think? I put three little tiny adhesive squares together, to make it stand out. They seem to be sliding - will they not stick together well?

Also my scotch tape, on the back of the mat board, is popping loose! Not sticky enough to hold down all that paper! Eeeek!! Should I glue the strips in future?

I think the copper doesn't really go well with this color scheme...so maybe with some others it'll look better, and not using white mat board...and I think I'll go make an oval copper medallion and see how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                        Also my scotch tape, on the back of the mat board, is popping loose! Not sticky enough to hold down all that paper! Eeeek!! Should I glue the strips in future?
                        God no, you'd be there all day! Just use a few extra strips of sticky tape over anything that becomes unstuck

Comment

Working...
                        X