Halloween pumpkin with paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween pumpkin with paper

Want to make a paper pumpkin for a new design for Halloween?
    You can make paper pumpkin easily within 05 minutes. Step by step.

Step by step Instruction for article

How to make Halloween pumpkin [MOD EDIT]
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by 3dDave; 11-09-2021, 12:54 PM.

Originally posted by Sulochana Shehani View Post
    Want to make a paper pumpkin for a new design for Halloween?
    You can make paper pumpkin easily within 05 minutes. Step by step.

Step by step Instruction for article

How to make Halloween pumpkin [MOD EDIT]
    Hi, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately forum rules (Homepage, third section down then third section down) do not allow you to post links to other sites where you or others are until you have made 25 posts. This is so we get interaction from you here in the forum first before we allow people to ask members to visit their own sites from here.

Forum moderator.

Comment

I think the 25 posts rule is far too restrictive. It's putting people off posting.

This forum has 129,866 members, of which only 184 are classed as 'Active Members.' That works out at only 0.14% of the membership are actively contributing.

No wonder the forum is so very quiet each time I visit!

This could be a great forum, with so many people recently having taken up craftwork as a hobby during lockdown, or as a business opportunity to bring in some much needed cash.

Please reconsider the restrictions placed on members. I realise the need to combat spammers, but not to the detriment of an otherwise good forum.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. Please bear in mind I’m a moderator, not the administrator, he is the only one who can “re-write the rule book”, it is his forum. I just apply them as they should be, it stops things getting out of control which they can do very quickly.
        We wouldn’t have to edit posts if people actually read the rules first. The 25 post rule only restricts people from adding traffic from here to their own site until they have participated, we have to apply it to everyone. It doesn’t apply to members who have over 25 posts bit still they don’t visit much, they aren’t restricted in any way.
        The reason for the 25 post rule which has been in place at least since 2011,( the forum was started even before then) is so that people join the forum and actually participate with a volume of help, hints, tips etc so basically we get something from them first before using us as a signpost to their own sites, many of which they get paid per click or visit and we do actually get some input from them into the forum first. They get round it by just adding replies to posts, not ideal but we look busier. Majority of the problems we have are because people do not read the rules section. It is on the homepage for all to see.
        We used to get easily 30 posts per day but as social media has expanded, visits to this and other forums have diminished.
        If members want to add their site url, as long as it is craft related they can put it in their signature box before 25 posts (also in the rules section) but cannot put in there asking people to visit.They can also do a step by step process and use photos in their post on the forum before 25 posts (not a link or URL) for people to follow without directing people to their site to see it so it still stays on the forum.
        Of the 129,000 members there is also a good proportion that will never post as they are not crafters, just companies added by call centres in the guise of members for advertising purposes and they just leave spam visitor messages. Lots of members have moved on but don’t post any longer. They may have stopped crafting or just chosen to stop using the forum but still show on the members list. I agree, it is a great forum with a wealth of information in most crafts but visits have definitely dropped off more in recent years. I’m also a member of a large picture framing forum, they only get maybe 7-10 posts a week. I’m also in FB paper cutting groups. When I joined them about six or seven years ago there were maybe 20 members, now there are 5-10,000 in some of those groups, such is the draw of FB over forums.

Annoying for me too…crying shame in fact, the longer serving members don’t visit much now so when people ask for advice on e.g. candle making, soaps, pottery etc they don’t get replies which is not good but people have a choice of what platform they frequent. Seems the bright lights of FB get the gig 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave.
        Last edited by 3dDave; 11-09-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Dave, thanks for that.

Yes, it's a real shame to see so many dedicated forums now declining due to social media. To be honest, I much prefer the forum concept and never use social media (I'm not a member of, nor ever have been a member of, facebook). I don't particularly like blogs either, as information is so hard to find in them.

I guess it's just a sign of the times.

Malc.

Comment

Originally posted by webtrekker View Post
            Hi Dave, thanks for that.

Yes, it's a real shame to see so many dedicated forums now declining due to social media. To be honest, I much prefer the forum concept and never use social media (I'm not a member of, nor ever have been a member of, facebook). I don't particularly like blogs either, as information is so hard to find in them.

I guess it's just a sign of the times.

Malc.

It is Malc and there is no real way of drumming up visits. I prefer a forum format too. Having so many sections is great but you need people knowledgeable in that particular craft to be visiting those sections regularly to offer help if people ask for it. If those dedicated sections don’t get traffic, those people stop visiting as there is probably nothing else to interest them. The person asking the question gets no reply and then starts looking elsewhere for the answer namely You tube or Facebook. If they find the answer or get a fair bit of interaction, we lose visits.

Yep, sign of the times.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X