Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The painting you've never done..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The painting you've never done..

    This question is to all artists out there.

    Is there a painting that you would like to do, but haven't?

    Mine is this.

    I would like to get a huge canvas, probably in the region of 8 x 4, and paint is bright white, then I would prop it vertical, take a pot containing litre or more of red paint and empty the contents over the white canvas in a swinging arc. Obviously this would be a one hit painting, don't ask me why, but it is something that I have been thinking about for a while.

    Andrew

    Remember a long road is best travelled with plenty of breaks.

    Even the best of us make mistakes!

  • #2
    Sounds easy when you put it like that!! Having seen lots of exhibitions I think you are onto a winner there, it would sell really well. Certainly a statement on someones wall!!! As long as it wasn't a surgeons !!!!!!!
    Penny

    www.creativepatchwork.com

    www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      Mine's not a painting.....

      I have loads of squares of fabric already cut out to make a patchwork quilt with.

      They've been sat in my WIP (work-in-progress) box for about a year now.......
      Blog Website Flickr

      Comment


      • #4
        Painting

        Hi Andrew,
        I used to paint backdrops, some were 11ft by 23ft long. We had one design which was a graduated splatter of specks of paint built up to form a lighter centre. It was painted with plastic floor brushes which are great for splattering, the flicking action needed some degree of control but it was great fun and you would end up covered in paint. I suppose the painting I would most like to do would be a self-portrait as my favourite artist is Rembrandt and I would love to paint as movingly as he did.
        Chris W.
        x
        Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't paint but if I did I would love to paint Jackson Pollock style!
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm usually quite an abstract painter, I love to paint with no clear objective, only that a painting of some sort will be the outcome! But I have a series of paintings in mind that I would love to do. It's quite a political / social issue. But I need to brush up on my figure painting first.

            s.x
            Sophie.x

            Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

            My bloggity blog

            My Etsy shop

            Comment


            • #7
              I would love to paint an optical illusion mural on a garden wall so it looks like the garden disappears into the distance and does not end where it really does.

              I am sure there is a 'proper' name for this kind of work but I don't know what it is.
              ~ Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. ~

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by somerset artist View Post
                I would like to get a huge canvas, probably in the region of 8 x 4, and paint is bright white, then I would prop it vertical, take a pot containing litre or more of red paint and empty the contents over the white canvas in a swinging arc. Obviously this would be a one hit painting, don't ask me why, but it is something that I have been thinking about for a while.
                Can imagine the buzz of doing this - it's something that could turn out good or bad but I think you just have to do this !! (And then post the pic )
                Mel

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KayCee View Post
                  I would love to paint an optical illusion mural on a garden wall so it looks like the garden disappears into the distance and does not end where it really does.

                  I am sure there is a 'proper' name for this kind of work but I don't know what it is.
                  Trompe L'oeil - and you can buy fantastic wallpapers from the States
                  Blog Website Flickr

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                    Can imagine the buzz of doing this - it's something that could turn out good or bad but I think you just have to do this !! (And then post the pic )
                    I might even record it and stick it up on youtube!!

                    Andrew
                    Remember a long road is best travelled with plenty of breaks.

                    Even the best of us make mistakes!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by somerset artist View Post
                      I might even record it and stick it up on youtube!!

                      Andrew

                      if you do,(record and upload to youtube) it would be a bit difficult afterwards to expound on the deep profound meaning of your creation and the involved modernistic techniques ou've developed and mastered,and al the rest of the twaddle that seems to go along with so much modrn "art"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ilovecrafts View Post
                        if you do,(record and upload to youtube) it would be a bit difficult afterwards to expound on the deep profound meaning of your creation and the involved modernistic techniques ou've developed and mastered,and al the rest of the twaddle that seems to go along with so much modrn "art"
                        Oh, I don't know. You could talk in length about the planning, angst, discussing with other artists (like now) and a million and one other things that went into the planning stage before you threw the red paint. Could be the making of you!!

                        As for me, I would love to do some political statement paintings, but not sure I'll ever have the time (and skills) to put into how I'd want to do them (huge canvases, realistic portrayal, lots of figure work). Maybe one day.

                        Wendy
                        digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                        blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                        hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                        blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well I had planned to do 'it' this weekend, but this rotten weather we're having has put a stop to it.

                          So heres to the drier weather and a pot of red paint.

                          Andrew
                          Remember a long road is best travelled with plenty of breaks.

                          Even the best of us make mistakes!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes, and wait for the wind to die down, too.

                            Or you could end up red-faced.
                            digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                            blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                            hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                            blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X