Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I paint a surface while avoiding recessed areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I paint a surface while avoiding recessed areas?

I have 3d printed disc with a bit of text and a graphic recessed into it. I want those recessed bits to be white and the rest of the disc white. How can I do the black without catching the recessed parts too? I know I could just hand paint the recesses but I don't have the dexterity to do so.

Any advice would be great!

Hi, if you mean the graphic which is recessed white and the disc black or vice versa, If you don’t have the dexterity to paint it, could you create a thinner layer so the recessed image is then a hole of the same shape and size and glue it onto a disc of the opposite colour, hence the need not to paint it as the opposite colour would be seen through the holes, the only other thing I could think was a paper stencil, exact size with the image cut out and then spray over it...or pay an artist to paint it in?

Dave.

Comment

Just thought, what about masking fluid? Cover the bit you want to stay white. Paint the rest black, then peel of the mask.

Shelley

Comment

I'll give that a try! I didn't know there was such a think. I've been using play-doh with a degree of success lately

Comment

Working...
        X