Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniature painting

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and wonder if anyone could give me some advice.
    I am a miniature painter and have often wondered about trying to sell my paintings. Hopefully, if I've done this correctly, there should be an attachment to this message showing an example of my painting. This size is typical of what I do although I have produced work from a copy of the Mona Lisa (5mm x 7.5mm) to landscapes 50mm x 40mm. All are painted in acrylics onto a 300gsm Bristol board.
    Do you think my work is good enough to sell?
    What prices should I ask for this type of work?
    How should I sell this sort of thing? - I've thought about my own website, selling at dolls house fairs and selling on ebay, but I don't know which method would prove the most profitable.
    I'd appreciate any comments & advice.
    Many thanks,
    Stu
    Last edited by essemm; 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM.

WOW! that looks really good, i'm not particuarly in the know how with the minatures, but we do have another minature painter on here, i'm sure he can offer some good advice

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Oh, almost forgot, welcome to the forum!
      Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Oooh! What a lovely little painting!! Very clever!!!. Sue xx
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

welcome, i find the whole miniature thing fascinating, great work. i have seen the other guys miniature work here and was shocked how little he was getting for is work. i am no painting expert but i would guess if they are top notch you would get a good price for them.

my personal thoughts about ebay is expect the lowest price because thats what people want to pay on ebay.

if you can identify who your customers are, what social group they belong too, income etc. then aim your prices at this group. from what i have seen regarding dolls houses is there is a market for fine work and its expensive. seek out the spe******t shops selling dolls house stuff and get there advice, you might find an outlet through shops pays better and more regularly. dont shy away from the big boys, harrods and the like.

is there a market in the regular art world? ask at galleries. try an art auction its got to be better than ebay.
          Darren

www.turnerpens.com

Comment

from me too. i agree with darren - spe******t dolls house shows and supplies is where i would pitch your sales. i do know that there are some Doll house enthusiasts who will pay top rates for the best.......some of their houses are worth more than mine that i live in !!!!

Sue
            www.susiedolls.com
            www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

wow that's awesome! and so small!! u must have a very steady hand!

My idea would also be to go with the doll's house market or etsy, as people who are real enthusiasts will love this kind of thing.

I wonder (this could be rubbish) if any architecture type firms would like this kind of thing - i.e. if they were building small scale versions, and to show what painting would look like to scale.

Let us know how you get on

Visit my blog!
              http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
              www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
              X