A-Z of hats...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Z of hats...

Thought it would be fun if we can complete the alphabet in hats (include a picture if possible and the hats origin). Good luck to whoever gets x!! I'll start with:

A is for Ayam

A Korean traditional winter cap mostly worn by women in the Joseon period from 1392 – 1910

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

The bowler hat, also known as a coke hat, derby (US), billycock or bombيn,[1] is a hard felt hat with a rounded crown originally created in 1849 for the British soldier and politician Edward Coke, the younger brother of the 2nd Earl of Leicester.
    Taken from Wikipedia
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

B is for Boater, a straw hat also known as a basher
      Do not watch this space

Comment

Cloche hat
        is a fitted bell shaped hat that was popular in the 1920's

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Dutch Bonnet
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Escoffin

Oakdale Studios Facebook
            Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
            bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

As today is Yorkshire Day, I thought I'd feature the traditional Yorkshire Flat Cap as sported by two of these fine examples of Yorkshire men.

Comment

Gat - traditional Korean hat worn by men

View my flickr

Comment

h is for Hi Hat

Comment

Halo

Oakdale Studios Facebook
                    Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                    bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

The Homburg is quite common among well dressed gentlemen, though not as common as it once was. Al Pacino gained some renewed fame for the Homburg by wearing one in the film The Godfather.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

The Icelandic tail cap is part of the national dress of Iceland.
                        View my flickr

Comment

Native American Indian headress

Comment

A Jingle bell hat

Jan x
                            My Blog http://handcraftedbypicto.blogspot.com/
                            My Facebook http://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedbyPicto
                            My Folksyhttp://www.folksy.com/shops/HandcraftedbyPicto
                            My Wow Thank Youhttp://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/handcrafted-by-picto

Comment

Kepi - a French hat

View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X