What are you knitting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you knitting?

I'm knitting a pullover for my grandson who is 20 months old. I hadn't knitted anything for years and picked up my needles again when I heard he was on the way. The magic about knitting for little ones is that they don't take so long to complete.

I am using Snuggly wool in dark cream with a beige fleck, almost finished the back but have just recently lost the oomph! Perhaps a project for the weekend.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rmumz/lori.gif

check out - Justformumz – online community for Mums

Hi Lori

Have just joined the site so this is my second post. I love knitting but am quite a beginner (mum taught me when I was younger and have just started again). I'm currently making a...... scarf! (obvious beginner knit). Am doing one of those with the Wendy Cosmic and Shimmer wools mixed together - shades of browns and greens, very autumnal. Its looking good but am getting a bit sick of just plain knit, but it is on 15mm needles so they don't take too long (but they are called the 1 hour scarf - but for me more like 4 hours!!!). Have got some wool and a pattern for a cardigan, but am trying to pluck up the courage to take the pattern plunge!

Piglottie

Comment

That's why I enjoy knitting for my grandson as he is 2 in March, therefore rather smallish compared to a pullover for myself.

Not too sure how it costs out really though as there are some lovely shop bought jumpers around for little ones. Keeps me occupied when I am listening to audio study tapes though.

I picked it up to knit some today and he was visiting and walked around the room with my wool I remember my mother having a little bag with a hole in in and the wool sat inside... have to look for one of those.... but then he would walk around the room with the bag !
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rmumz/lori.gif

check out - Justformumz – online community for Mums

Comment

I like knitting toys, and now have an outlet for them in sending them to Post Pal kids. I just finished a Dinousaur by Jean Greenhowe (I love her patterns!!). The dinousaur is going to a child who LOVES all things jurrasic!!

Love
        Tigger
        xxxxxxxxx
        http://postpals.co.uk/banners/microb...ment150x42.gif
        Please take a moment to visit this EXCELLENT site

Comment

Any pictures?
          sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

there will be just as soon as I get myself organised

Tigger
            xxxxxxxx
            http://postpals.co.uk/banners/microb...ment150x42.gif
            Please take a moment to visit this EXCELLENT site

Comment

I am knitting a jumper for me, fairly plain but the wool is scrumptious, its a rowan summer tweed. I too haven't knitted for years so lets hope I get to finish it!
              craftcellar.co.uk
              facebook.com/craftcellar
              twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

does crochet count

Hi - I dont knit but I am crocheting a few things at the moment - I am finishing a crazy patchwork afghan - and am experimenting with doll shapes - no pattern just going - first doll turned out to be a frog bit of mistake that!
                the second promises to be a person shape - just finished a beret
                cheers
                ross

Comment

hi, for the past few years I have spent my winter nights nitting myself a scarf or 2....I have loads! Just straight stitch mind, no knitting a row the pearling a row My friends have also had the pleasure of receiving a scarf for christmas, They loved them! Knitting is becoming a very fasionable thing I would say, I am only 20 and alot of my friends are around my age, they are all intrigued on how to knit!
                  I am now knitting an eyeore (a step by step kit) which I had for christmas last year! I have got two ears two parts of his nose and two parts of his face! It is taking forever! I will put some pictures up of the finished product.

stace

Comment

I am knitting a hooded aran jumper for my sons. Its out of felted tweed so it shrinks quite a bit, so I've made it big enough for my 6 year old and then after a few washes it will fit my 3 year old. I cant wait to finish it so I can start on a gorgeous Rowan knit for me.

Comment

Knitting

How loveliy there r some knitters out there i been knitting for years but like you stopped then pick the needles up again .My auntie and i ran a little wool shop together many years ago we knitted for england,we used to sell our afterwards we sold the lot.keep up the good work.
                      Last edited by mollymandy; 19-11-2006, 07:19 PM. Reason: mispelt word
                      Mollymandy

Comment

Nice Try...

"I am knitting a hooded aran jumper for my sons. Its out of felted tweed so it shrinks quite a bit, so I've made it big enough for my 6 year old and then after a few washes it will fit my 3 year old. I cant wait to finish it so I can start on a gorgeous Rowan knit for me."

Comment

Originally posted by manwanis View Post
                          Nice Try...

"I am knitting a hooded aran jumper for my sons. Its out of felted tweed so it shrinks quite a bit, so I've made it big enough for my 6 year old and then after a few washes it will fit my 3 year old. I cant wait to finish it so I can start on a gorgeous Rowan knit for me."
                          I'm getting confused here - what on earth is your point?

Comment

just buy some felted wool knit yourself a jumper wash it then your dog can wear it in the winter.
                            Mollymandy

Comment

It's turned your St Bernard into a Yorkie!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X