confused with t2f/t2b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused with t2f/t2b

I'm knitting a cardigan that I have knitted before but can't remember how to t2f/t2b and after looking on google I am now a bit confused. My instructions say

T2B - knit into front of 2nd stitch and then front of 1st st and slip both off

and I've looked on youtube and other places and they are knitting into front of 2nd st and then purling 1st st before slipping both off.

I haven't even got as far as trying to work out what I'm doing with T2F but it says to knit into back of 2nd st and then front of 1st st.

So the question is what am I meant to be doing???
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Still looking at google and I've found quite a few sites that say to use a cable needle. Would that be easier? Like this: T2F Using the cable needle, slip the next stitch onto it and hang in front. Purl the next stitch on the left needle. Then, knit the stitch from the cable needle
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Must admit this doesnt sound like the pattern is worded well, is it from a book, one of the sirdar patterns in a mag I got is worded totally wrong confused me totally, showed friends she thinks its a typo, surely the would check that before go to print.

Comment

Dizylynn I think if you imagine you have those two stitches on a cable needle and turn it round either left to right or right to left according to B or F indicating back or front and then knit the two stitches it will make more sense.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I ended up figuring it out from a website. I somehow figured it out ok the first time I knitted the pattern I think without much help from google and the second time I was in confused mode. Maybe if I knit a third cardigan from this pattern I'll have it right in my mind, but I've decided I'm not a huge fan of knitting in cables. My cable needle may have a magic wonky bit to apparently stop the stitches falling off it, but the needle still will try to fall on the floor, and I end up wishing I had a third hand! Maybe I just need more practice!!
          View my flickr

Comment

Tell me how to do this

How is this done can you please let me know

Comment

Working...
            X