Lessons for machine knitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons for machine knitting?

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum, but am very passionate about my knitting/crafts/design, etc.

I have recently bought a knitting machine here at home to further my range and am very keen to attend lessons to build on my skills.

I would be grateful if anyone could let me know if they, or anyone they know, offer public or private machine knitting lessons in the Biggin Hill/Bromley/Sevenoaks areas.

Many thanks!

Dee

I took an excellent correspondence course in Machine Knitting back in 2005. It wasn't very costly and was extremely well organised.
    The courses are still available and you can read the prospectus online too.
    Details HERE.
    ~ Rachael
    My etsy Shop Blog

Comment

Where ever I've lived (I'm on my 11th house, 7th town) I've haunted the local woolshop. All the last ones had knitting machine lessons advertised. It's worth investigating (and asking if there are no adverts up.)

Comment

Sorry I can't help you with this :-( BUT wanted to pop in and say that it made me think of my nan.. she used to have one of these knitting machines and we used to sit for hours moving it back and forwards as Children and fiddling all the little pins you put up and down. Not sure if they have progressed or are the same but I now have such vivid image of this machine and my Nan and some very happy memories. Thank You :-) xx
        Victoria x

Founder of The Keepsake Co , Lover of all things creative and proud mummy to one. I'm on a mission to "baby proof" my income and help other mums do the same so feel free to join me here :-)

w: www.TheKeepsakeCo.co.uk
        f: www.facebook.com/thekeepsakecompany
        t: www.twitter.com/thekeepsakeco

Comment

I get some from pound stretchers, the baby dk packs of 2, only £2.49 but limited colour choices. Hobby craft do 3 for 2 on there wool, some can be bit pricey depending on what you prefer. I got some super soft arron the other day so can knit 0/3 months old pattern bigger, was £1.59 for the bright pink £1.89 for the white, so got 7 white & 3 pink

Comment

Oops this has went on the wrong post, stupid ipad

Comment

Working...
            X