Crochet Hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crochet Hooks

I learned to crochet several years ago and managed to forget it all ! However I went to a craft class on Friday and learnt it all again. I have spent lots of time this weekend practicing different techniques and learning new things.

I am finding that my right hand is getting a little stiff - I just have standard hooks at the moment but have been looking at the comfort grip type ones, however there seems to be so many different types I wondered if anyone had used them and if so what was recommended or best avoided.

I don't think there is anywhere nearby which sells them for me to go and have a look so will probably be ordering online (shop recommendations would be good too !)

Thanks

Andrea
    www.tizzycrafts.co.uk
    www.tizzycrafts.blogspot.co.uk

I can't help with the crochet hooks, but my hands hurt if I haven't knitted for awhile and then after a few days of knitting my hands stop aching! I just wanted you to know that you do not suffer alone!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

If you PM me as larger, thicker hooks are something I make and I may be able to help

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Maybe try with a larger hook? I tend to crochet with a larger hook and its much more "hand-friendly" than the fiddly small ones.
        Shelley x
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My Blog - www.reviverevampremake.blogspot.co.uk
        My Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/ReviveRevampRemake
        My Etsy shop - www.etsy.com/shop/ReviveRevampRemake

Comment

I saw a tutorial somewhere on uTube where a lady was using a crochet hook with a smooth rounded wooden handle (bit hard to explain). Looked very comfortable. I'll see if I can find it

Comment

Hi, I have converted to clover soft grip. I find them quite comfortable to use. They only go up to 6mm max and they are not expensive at around £3 ish. Good luck finding something suitable.

Comment

I'm experimenting with an Addi Swing at the moment, and like it very much. It took a bit of getting used to the short metal hook end as I tend to 'stab' quite deep as I work, but the ergonomic design is definitely a good thing for my rsi damaged hands.
              george
              www.mizgeorge.co.uk
              www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
              www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

doing regular hand exercise to limber up before crafting helps,as i have the same problems with my right wrist..

Comment

Working...
                X