patchwork cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patchwork cushion

I'm making a cushion with lots of hexagons. I've worked out I need 128 hexagons in total for my cushion. 40 of these hexagons are going to be made of diamonds, so I still have a lot of fabric and paper to cut into diamonds and hexagons so I can get it finished. I must be crazy. I started making it last year, but other projects got in the way so it is going to be considered as 'the project that must be finished'. I'm thinking it would be nice to get it done for Easter, so I'll see how I go. I have one baby cardigan to knit (thankfully they don't take too long) and then I will be totally focussed on this (and a half finished cross stitch) hopefully before I get distracted by anything else.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

It took me three years to make my patchwork quilt so you are working really quickly .

I decided to hang all my unfinished bits up on a clothes rail so I could be happy watching the line get shorter as I finished one thing each night while watching tele. I started at Christmas ........and have only completed two things. I'm HOPELESS. (I have to add I did sew infront of the tele but it was stuff I'm being paid for, that should have been finished before Christmas.......)
    My DIL's as bad. Her Christmas present for me was to make a dressing gown. (Not just any dressing gown, a 50's film star type one.) She's put that aside to do some sudden paid work too. I love her to bits. She's so like me .

Comment

That's a lot of bits.
      Now take a photo of what you have done so far and then each session you do, show us a bit more the You will have to complete it.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Well here is is so far - 20 hexagons already papered, and another approx 20 sewn together and a pile of cut out diamonds and hexagons waiting to be sorted out and sewn onto paper..... I'm going to get these ones cut out already onto their papers and then I'm going to sew a few more to the bit I've already done. Do you think I've used enough fabrics yet?

2013-01-01 10.13.03.jpg
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

That's a great selection. are they random fabrics or things with memories?
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Mostly just random.
            View my flickr

Comment

Working...
            X