yarn for latch hook rug making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yarn for latch hook rug making

I am currently trying to make a latch hook rug from scratch without buying the kits and buying all the materials myself. The only thing is I am unsure as to what type of yarn/wool I need to use for it. I know in the kits it is 4 Ply rug yarn is this different to normal 4 Ply yarn? What other wool/yarn could I use for this without it being too costly? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

My mother always bought here hook latch wool from a company called Readicuts you can find the on google.

The wool come's all precut to the correct lenghts. She also bought the canvas from them.
    So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Rachel, go and have a look at a selection of yarns. You will really need one that feels firm to the touch, Also British wool would be very hard wearing, check out a couple of websites. If you could have a sample of wool from a kit to compare, that would be helpful. Cutting the pieces cut be a bit of a chore, but I find that if I really want to have a go at something, it doesn't really matter.
      If I were you, I would try soemting small for a starter!
      Good Luck.

Trisha

Comment

Hmm. Note to self. check spelling before posting.

Trisha

Comment

Originally posted by Tiasmum View Post
          Hmm. Note to self. check spelling before posting.

Trisha
          Trisha, there is an 'edit' button to enable you to change at any time after posting.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thank you, I have just noticed it!

Trisha

Comment

Working...
            X