Has anyone made chair covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone made chair covers?

I hope this is the right place to post! I need some chair covers for special occasions to cover my tatty old dining room chairs. They're so expensive to buy, I'd like to make them. Has anyone done this? I'm assuming I just need a calico type thickness fabric and to make a pattern as you would a net for a box. Does that make sense?! I have a sewing machine which I'm happy to do arty things and simple drawstring bags on but for some reason i've got a bit of a mental block about this!
    Ballderdash & Bunting
    Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
    [B]The Ark Man
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

Are you talking about an all over cover or seat pads? They are really easy to make, I used a shop bought pattern for all over covers years ago... will try to find the pattern number... decided it was too much of a faff to map one out and that buying one would save time. Best thing is, that it hides a mutitude of sins! I do use a cushion pad under the all over cover, though.
    Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

The all over covers. I've got seat pads and don't mind the chairs too much usually, but they have legs chewed by the dog and are scribbled on by the boys (as are the seat pads!) so need hiding occasionally! Thanks for your help :-)
      Ballderdash & Bunting
      Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
      [B]The Ark Man
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

Comment

Working...
      X