Rats - another essential obsession - felting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rats - another essential obsession - felting

Right, I am now officially hooked on wet felting, thanks to Jeanette Trim. And here are some of my early creations on my blog.
    Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

mmm, that looks like great fun to do. I might have to just have a go at that. signed up to your blog too
    If you dont have a go ................... you will never know

https://www.facebook.com/HatPiece

www.HatPiece.co.uk

Comment

Cool!
      I love necklaces made with felt balls, but never tried making them, how easy is it to make a felt bead?
      Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

Yay! I can do that... hmmm really hard, need to be an expert...

OK, actually really easy, even I can do it. You need to take a length of merino tops... ie, half the width of the tops ball and roll it to a third larger than you require. Then wet it thoroughly with a soap and hot/warm water solution. Roll it in your hand into a ball shape, you will feel it go harder and more solid, when you feel a solid non-moving sphere you are there. Now go an rinse under a v warm tap until all the soap goes. Leave to dry. You will need to use a mattress needle to go through the ball.

You can make it more interesting with silk inserts or by wrapping in other shades. Hope that makes sense

Comment

Your flower is fabulous!! oooooooo, you can make a bunch to put on hats, scarves, bags...cool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roslet View Post
            Yay! I can do that... hmmm really hard, need to be an expert...

OK, actually really easy, even I can do it. You need to take a length of merino tops... ie, half the width of the tops ball and roll it to a third larger than you require. Then wet it thoroughly with a soap and hot/warm water solution. Roll it in your hand into a ball shape, you will feel it go harder and more solid, when you feel a solid non-moving sphere you are there. Now go an rinse under a v warm tap until all the soap goes. Leave to dry. You will need to use a mattress needle to go through the ball.

You can make it more interesting with silk inserts or by wrapping in other shades. Hope that makes sense
            Thanks, I forgot to check replies to my question (oops sorry )
            Sounds very easy, I have seen the prices charged for felt balls in shops thinking there must be a cheaper way
            Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

The title of your thread caught my eye 'Rats - another essential obsession - felting'.
              I put in a suggestion to the admin team here for a section for felting, but the response was that there were not enough people interested.
              My daughter and I became hooked on felting when we went on a one day workshop a few years ago. We've now progressed to making wall hanging art and have formed a partnership called 'rosiepink'.
              To anyone who hasn't yet had a go - you don't know what you're missing!
              Annie and Lyn
              www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

Just seen your blog and work... you are fabulous as is your work!

Comment

Thank you - I've just seen your felting and I love your flower and I'm looking forward to seeing your next piece.
                  I like felting because it's so relaxing and the smell of the soap and the wool is divine and the feel of it under your hands..........I'm preaching to the converted aren't I?
                  There's a free tutorial on my blog for anyone who'd like to try to make a piece of felt so when I get to 25 postings, I'll post it up.
                  Annie and Lyn
                  www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X