Little gray bunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little gray bunny

I was working on this in my craft cottage while my husband put up the first two panels of drywall! So exciting!!

bbun.JPGabun.JPG

And...
    drywall.JPG
    My, but there were a lot of bad words flying about...ain't nuthin' easy... =O
    Last edited by removed10; 10-04-2011, 02:31 PM.

(S)he's very cute Susan. Does (s)he have a name?

Linda

Comment

I kinda think it's a girl...maybe Ardeth? It means 'blooming fields.' I'll put some flowers around her neck. Also, A for Ardeth...she's the first bunny for next week-end's market. Wonder if I will make it to ''Z?'' Prolly not. I bet I only make it through "J."

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
        I kinda think it's a girl...maybe Ardeth? It means 'blooming fields.' I'll put some flowers around her neck. Also, A for Ardeth...she's the first bunny for next week-end's market. Wonder if I will make it to ''Z?'' Prolly not. I bet I only make it through "J."
        I can't wait to see a picture of her all dressed up! And I'm sure she will soon find an home at the market. You'd better get felting if you are going to make her a huge family and circle of friends!

Linda

Comment

My husband was working in my cottage yesterday and had everything shoved around, and was sanding and sawing and I couldn't go in there to get my materials to do another bun...boohoo. I have gotten everything out this morning so I can make another one or two today. Tomorrow (Monday) I am off to get the little tiny flowers. Hope I can find them. Found them online of course, but they wouldn't arrive in time.

Well, if I get 5 made I'll be happy!

ah ha! Just had this idea - little flowers on tape/ribbon in the sewing notions area at the fabric store - just tie a length around the bunny's neck, in a bow...not as attractive, but will do, if I cannot find teensie flowers.
          Last edited by removed10; 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
            My husband was working in my cottage yesterday and had everything shoved around, and was sanding and sawing and I couldn't go in there to get my materials to do another bun...boohoo.
            Typical! Mine's a bit (correction - a lot) like that - wait forever for him to do something; give up hope; then they get started when you have plans to do other things!

ah ha! Just had this idea - little flowers on tape/ribbon in the sewing notions area at the fabric store - just tie a length around the bunny's neck, in a bow...not as attractive, but will do, if I cannot find teensie flowers.
            Sounds like a brilliant idea to me!

Linda

Comment

Haven't been to get the ribbon or flowers but have made another bun -

Hand sculpted by me - needle felting. At the risk of sounding smug, the photos don't do it justice. It looks terrific in person, and I am really happy! Now to embroider eyes, and make a tiny apron for her, and she'll have flowers in her hand...maybe a straw hat if I can find one.

Comment

Susan, I can't see the picture. it says "invalid attachment" And I do so want to see your new little bunny.

Linda

Comment

Darn it! I will never understand why sometimes you get thumbnails and sometimes invalid attachments (I don't think I have ever come up with a VALID attachment!)...there must be a reason for the way it turns up...beats me.

Comment

Did that work? Here's the second one, hopefully -

Comment

Third view -

Comment

Fourth view -

Comment

Maybe I just ahd too many in the one post...

think they look so lumpy in pictures because the wool is not real evenly blended, which in person is okay, but a bit of white in a photo looks like a lump sticking out, which it isn't...

Also, I think I need to use different shades of the main color for the limbs,etc...to more clearly delineate everything - like his haunches don't look very clearly defined in photos, but in person they're bunchy and cute.

I have started one that has a much more brown-gray body. The legs and tail are gray...and it looks good. More defined. Now for the head. My husband says the gray bun's head looks like an elephant with no trunk....grrr.

Also, I think the ears need to be more pointy. They are a teenie bit mouse-like...okay, yes, elongated mouse-like....

Do you think it's head is too little?
                          Last edited by removed10; 13-04-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I still can't see them (still invalid attachment), and I am on a different computer now and can't blame the silly security system on the network at work!

Can you put them on photobucket or a similar site? Or even create an album on here?

Linda

Comment

I am such a knitwit...okay, so I made an album and yet the pics were not there, so I re-did it...they SEEM to be there...omigosh is my internet SLOW.

Late tonight I am going to add other felted things so please do check it tomorrow, too...

Comment

Working...
                              X