Summer Challenge Finally Finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Challenge Finally Finished!

In March I started a challenge for our local craft group. We had a very general theme of "Summer" and were supposed to make something in our chosen craft. Of course, I chose crochet and this is what I have taken all summer to do.
    Clematis-project-31.jpg

If you go to my blog and click on the "Summer Challenge" tag, there is a progress report. You will, of course, have to start at the oldest post to view it in the right order.
    Helen
    Rainbow Valley - Learn the Art of Crochet in UK terms for Free
    Colours of Enfys - Blog
    Rainbow Valley Crochet on Facebook

Gosh, that is a lot of work, the stitches are soooo tiny, I though it was felted and was just thinking that it would have taken ages to felt. Now I know it's crochet I am even more impressed.
    It's really beautiful, I love the way you have incorporated buds, full flowers and the leftover stamens, it looks so realistic. Now I just hope I am right in saying it's a clematis. Sorry if I've got it wrong.

Melanie

Comment

That is an impressive amount of work! Very pretty too! I love Clematis and as mentioned it looks so realistic - well done!
      Terry xxx
      You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
      Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

That is simply beautiful.

Those stitches are sooo tiny, it must have taken you ages. It is brilliant!
        Blog
        http://minervascrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's fantastic. when I first looked at it, I couldn't tell it was crochet, but looking at your blog, you can see all the tiny tiny stitches. Will it take pride of place on your wall?
          Celia
          I can't be creative and tidy too
          www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
          The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
          Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Thank you all!

Yes, it is a clematis. I based on my "William Kennett". It was made with DMC Petra size 5 and DMC Perle size 8 but used double to create the shading on the flowers. I used a 1.50mm hook.

I am hoping my dearest likes it enough to go on the wall. But first of all there is the "Summer Challenge" competition this Thursday then we are having a two week exhibition at the library to try to get more members for our group.
            Helen
            Colours of Enfys - Blog

Comment

That'a fantastic, I don't know how you have the patience!
              Karly
              http://www.thesilvershack.co.uk
              http://twitter.com/thesilvershack1
              http://thesilvershack1.blogspot.com/
              https://www.facebook.com/TheSilverShack

Comment

You've finished it. That is absolutely beautiful. I am staggered. Good luck with the Challenge. If it was left to me you would win hands down.
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

What a fabulous piece of work! It deserves a place in a public gallery so many people can admire the artistry, design and craftwork.

Well done!

Linda

Comment

wow - you must have spent hours and hours making that.
                    Jules

www.imadeacard.blogspot.com
                    It's more of a blog about procrastinating rather than card making!

Comment

It's gorgeous! I love it!

Comment

Thank you all!

Yes, it did take rather a long time but it was fun doing it.

I have to write the pattern now as so many people have been asking for it.
                        Helen
                        Colours of Enfys - Blog

Comment

Im not sure how I missed seeing this earlier this week . . . OMG it is stunning! You will surely win the challenge with such an amazing and intricate piece of work!

Comment

Thank you. Yes, I did win. It certainly wasn't an easy win as there were some other equally stunning entries. But that makes the win all that much more special. The prize was a £20 gift voucher for the local garden centre which has a very nice craft section!

The judging was done by everybody. All the pieces were numbered and we had to write the number of our favourite on a piece of paper and put it in the pot.
                            Helen
                            Colours of Enfys - Blog

Comment

I am so glad you won, you really deserved to as you have put sooooo much time, effort and artistry into it. Good luck with writing the pattern, I think that will be the hardest part because you are not actually creating something, you have already done that. Could get boring. lol.
                              Carol
                              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X