Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knitted Dog Coats

Hiya

Does anyone think there would be much of a market for Knitted Dog Coats? I have been given 2 books with some really jazzy patterns in for making dog coats - some even have matching leg warmers for those older dogs with arthritis. I have made loads of bags and scarves and sell them at fairs but have not yet tried with the old woofers coats.

A friend of mine at work has just sent off to America and got a strippy dog hoodie which is brill but it cost a fortune - can't wait to see it.

Looking out the window today - I don't think they would be much use unless they were waterproof.

If you all think it might be worth it i will give a couple a go and see how they do at the next craft fair!!
    Willowmax
    Handcrafted Cards for Special Occassions
    www.willowmaxdesign.com

email - [email protected]

Oh yes!!!!

Said the nodding Churchill dog! I think it's a great idea. A girl I work with bought a jumper for her dog just before xmas and said it was fab. Would def go down well with owners who pamper their little dogs! And its an unusal idea so you shouldn't have to worry about their being much competition.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Perhaps I might need to get my needles clicking this afternoon then - mind you they are knitted on small needles and seem to take ages - I like things that are finished in an afternoon!!

I might get 1 made up for next weekend and see what interest there is - I may need to bring along one of my woofers to model it!!
      Willowmax
      www.willowmaxdesign.com

Comment

Having braved the raindrops from hell with my trusty (arthritic) hound, him wearing his lined wax coat, which is now muddy and dripping, and looked at the washing instructions which say - do not wash, if coat gets dirty, brush off when dry, I would certainly advise making something washable! Dog's undercarriages are notorious for getting mucky - and coats only keep the top bit dry, they don't take into account wet grass!

Comment

Originally posted by willowmax View Post
          Does anyone think there would be much of a market for Knitted Dog Coats? I have been given 2 books with some really jazzy patterns in for making dog coats
          I've seen a book with knitted dog coats in - one had a Jack Russell with a bobbly jacket on...really cute, if not at all practical. I think they might go quite well, but I'd give the legwarmers a miss - think of the poor pooch trying to retain it's street cred in legwarmers...

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Doggie jumpers are a huge seller if they're cutsie. Whilst he was off work after various operations, my hubby decided on doing catalogues thro doors to get a bit of money coming in. At Christmas time, the biggest seller he had from all of the brochures and leaflets was for doggie jumpers and doggie santa suits .... it's amazing what people will actually spend on their pooches. Have to agree with Peter though, they must be easy washable, my own pooch (black lab) absolutely loves mud, muck, water and anything else she can dive into.

Why not make one and see how it goes?
            Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

my mums dog has a jumper, which cost her a fortune. Its just like a hoody for dogs, with a full sized prize tag!! But he loves it as it keeps him nice and warm when he goes out, but not too warm that he roasts as he didnt like his fleecey lined coats he had, as he got too warm them.

Just a thought about knitted ones... Would they not click easy? As if they would people wouldnt want to pay a lot for them what with dogs claws making the chances of clicking more likely.
              my craft website - www.clarescraftycabin.co.uk
              new swap site - http://clarescraftycab.proboards81.com/index.cgi
              my dolls house miniatures site - www.claresminimansions.co.uk

Comment

Doggie coats are a good idea for people buying pressies, they do them in accessorise (fab shop) not knitted though i don't think.
                Any way i think if you were doing a stall at a fair these would be a good talking point to get customers over to stop at your stall!!
                Something a bit different, which is always good.
                http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

I started making one last night - blue glitter!!

I think as a marketing ploy I might get my rather cute girl woofer "Willow" to come to the next event and model for me - I think she would just love all the attention and might get people to hoover around the stall for a while. My little boy woofer "Max" could not cope with that and would probably bite someones hand off if they tried to look at what he was modelling!!

I will make a couple up and see how they do.

Cheers for all the advice
                  Willowmax
                  www.willowmaxdesign.com

Comment

Hiya

Does anyone think there would be much of a market for Knitted Dog Coats? I have been given 2 books with some really jazzy patterns in for making dog coats - some even have matching leg warmers for those older dogs with arthritis. I have made loads of bags and scarves and sell them at fairs but have not yet tried with the old woofers coats.

A friend of mine at work has just sent off to America and got a strippy dog hoodie which is brill but it cost a fortune - can't wait to see it.

Looking out the window today - I don't think they would be much use unless they were waterproof.

If you all think it might be worth it i will give a couple a go and see how
                    they do at the next craft fair!!
                    in my mind, i think it is a great market for this , great idea you said.
                    because there are so many person import kinitting fabric from our here, they said most of them import it for making Knitted Dog Coats.

Comment

Hiya

If you all think it might be worth it i will give a couple a go and see how they do at the next craft fair!!
                      Think its a fantastic idea. very in at the mo.
                      At the last craft fair we organised we had a very new to craft fairs crafter and i must say was a tad worried she wouldn't do too well. Because we like everyone to do well lol. Must say think she grabbed the most sales that day, and everyone did pretty well.
                      Good luck with it
                      http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X