Does anyone else do crochet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else do crochet?

Just wondering if anyone else likes crochet. I have been crocheting for years. I especially like fillet crochet. Interested to know if anyone else is interested also. My newest project is a burgundy and cream colored block afghan. So far it is coming along nicely. I'll probably post pictures and directions on my website when I am done.

Melanie
    _________
    www.scissorsandstrings.com

i am just well in the learning process, a friend taught me donkeys years ago but i could only go in a circle lol, i have tried again, and i am now making a blanket with hundreds if squares, about 1/4 of the way to a double bed sized lol, its one of those things i pick up when i can't be bothered to sort other things out, or i do at work in my lunch half hour lol

i can only do the one stitch so far, but would love to learn more.
    Lorna x

jayniffadesigns and the tuck shop~www.jayniffadesigns.com

Comment

Hi all

I crochet (and knit). I make crochet bags and throws to sell, and also make toys from time to time. I'm quite an impatient person which is one reason why I love crochet - I can see it growing very quickly!

Laura

Comment

I knit but of how I'd love to be abolt to crochet Will need to ook at www to see your work

Comment

Hi
          I crochet too. For now I am only making stuffed toys or cute little things. I tried crochetting a bikini once, it came out all right but I didn't use the right type of cotton (meaning that the bikini weighed a ton once wet, not a very nice sight!!)
          In need of some crochet therapy | Visit http://lafeecrochette.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love to crochet, I also knit, weave, spin etc, so learning to crochet was invaluable to me as a new way to use my handspun!

I think I prefer it over knitting at times, it's easier to handle big items definately!

Comment

ha ya
              <<< just read my name I love to crochet all the time .i did lots of things
              will post some of my work pic one day.

i enjey sing up for crochet along withe the others so we finsh things faster , my project baby layat as gift for my sister freind she expact to have baby by 25 this monthe.so i shod go back to my cotton now .
              c u
              proud mum 0f 8 years girl ..3 boys and wife for kind lovley corgi man. .

Comment

I have been full of cold and feeling miserable all weekend

So I have finally taught myself to crochet!!! (well the basic stitches) and I'm loving it!

Have knitted from a young age, (not very well!) but never got into crochet? Anyway, I think its great! and really like the way you feel more involved with the process than with knitting. (or is that just me?)

I will have to post a picture of my first attempt when I'm finished ... am trying to make a little purse for Emma
                incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                ___

Comment

hi
                  there blueamema how do you feel now!! get will soon hun
                  i could not wite to see your finished project.
                  proud mum 0f 8 years girl ..3 boys and wife for kind lovley corgi man. .

Comment

I crochet too! I tend to make smaller things, not really big projects. I have been making little purses. Fun!

Comment

I crochet quite a bit!

I love making quick things
                      like bags and plushies and I think I may start an afghan.

Comment

I like to crochet as well. I'm not that good at it yet, but i can make bear soft toys

Comment

I've tried and tried to learn to crochet - I even bought myself an idiot's guide (obviously not suitable for an idiot like me!), I can do chains then it all goes pear shaped

I can knit basic stuff like scarves and gloves but crochet has beaten me

Paula xx

Comment

I crochet as well. My favourite things to make are baby outfits (which usually end up on my daughter's dolls), frilly baby hats, peaked caps (which I ended up having to make for the other 6 girls in my daughter's class after she told them all I would make them one) and scarves.

I do plan on trying my hand at bags in the near future.

I've noticed that crocheted goods seem to be making a real comeback in the shops and I've found myself looking at the prices in disbelief when I think of how much I could make it myself for

Comment

I crochet too!! All I have attempted are square blankets (triple stitch) which come out lovely, & im major addicted to it!!
                              A couple of days ago mum bought me a book showing different stitches for hats, blankets, bags etc so I am looking forward to sitting down & having a good read!!

Comment

Working...
                              X