Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelet Lace

Hello All,

Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms, as I am a bit dense just now, how to knit in eyelet lace ? ( a video link would ideal)

Many Thanks...

I'd be interested too.

I know some time back I asked about this, I call it knitted lace, as I wanted a pattern for a Christmas tree. I am still looking and still cant find a pattern.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Have a look at this www.knitting-and.com/homework

over 100 free knitting patterns for eyelet lace edging.
      I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

eyelet lace

Hello Again,

I don't think I have explained what I mean properly. I want to 'knit in' bought eyelet lace. I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks again

Comment

knit in eyelet lace

What an interesting thought – like adding a strip of edging? Knitting it into your project on both sides of the edging? I can imagine crocheting into it but knitting…hmm… Would you just put the right hand needle through the eyelet space and then YO and pull back through? Then turn and go back…I just can’t envision it. So this is if the eyelet edging were perpendicular, so to speak, to the knitted rows? Or if it was the length of the stitches on the needle…but that would make the knitting item puckery…but you’d just insert the needle in each eye and YO and pull back through, all along the row – so, what is it for? Just embellishment? A way to do button holes?

This sounds like some experimenting is in order….and some googling. I have never heard of this. I will have to get some eyelet edging and give it a whirl!

Comment

eyelet lace

well well!! I found some things through google - may or may not be what you are wanting...

Knit in lace by starting from the left and placing the lace to the back of the work.
            bullet Insert the needle into the first stitch and through the first Eyelet hole in the Lace.
            bullet Loop yarn over the needle and complete the stitch.
            bullet Keeping the tension loose, repeat the procedure to the end of the row and cut the lace (do not cut the wool)

http://www.lainesworld.co.uk/craft/eyeletlace/index.htm

and

http://www.craftmoods.com.au/knitlace.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Moira View Post
              Hello Again,

I don't think I have explained what I mean properly. I want to 'knit in' bought eyelet lace. I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks again

I knew what you meant!!!
              Diane

Comment

knitting in lace

Thankyou for the replies, I will experiment and let you know how I get on, I had Googled it but the instructions didn't sink in, ( I have Fibromyalgia so some days are like that lol) funny enough they did this time so I will try again on my next project.

Love this site....Moi

Comment

Originally posted by Moira View Post
                  Thankyou for the replies, I will experiment and let you know how I get on, I had Googled it but the instructions didn't sink in, ( I have Fibromyalgia so some days are like that lol) funny enough they did this time so I will try again on my next project.

Love this site....Moi

I know exactly what you mean let us know how you get on as I cant understand the instructions (probably because I haven't got the needles etc to hand)
                  Diane

Comment

eyelet lace

Oh dear...when i copied and pasted the instructions from the UK site, I did not realize...it says "bullet" in there several times and I think it was where they had some circles denoting a kind of list...so instead of the little circles, the pasted copy says "bullet" instead. Does that make any sense?

Comment

I know exactly what you mean let us know how you get on as I cant understand the instructions (probably because I haven't got the needles etc to hand)
                      This link posted by Cosmic Grannie has a pic which is explanatory.
                      ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                      website
                      blog

Comment

Eyelet lace

Eureka !!!!! if only all the instructions had first said "with wrong side facing" !!! and left meaning left of the garment, it was soooooooo easy and looks great.

Thank you all for your help....I will no doubt have a lacy phase now

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine, I can understand it too!!!
                          Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                            I'd be interested too.

I know some time back I asked about this, I call it knitted lace, as I wanted a pattern for a Christmas tree. I am still looking and still cant find a pattern.
                            Hi, I have a pattern for a xmas tree. I can photocopy for you and post it to you for free. please supply details. yours faithfully , Katrina.

Comment

Hi knitting girl, welcome to the forum, always best to check the dates on the posts, the question was asked in 2009, nearly six years ago..probably done it by now

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X