Is it possible.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible.....

Is it possible to convert a knitting pattern using chunky yarn to double knitting, as I am not keen on chunky?

Thanks for all the advice about ciruclar knitting needles and felting, working on that now.

Jo

chunky or double

So by chunky, do you mean bulky? The important thing is to make sure your gauge is right - if the pattern you're using says 4 sts = one inch, then that's what you need to strive for, if using a double strand instead...and depending on what the pattern is for, it might not be TOO vital, but it should be close. For example, if making a "throw," it wouldn't be as important to be exact as with a pattern for a sweater.

Comment

Hi
      I did try this a couple of years ago.It did work out eventually, but I had to mess around with various sizes of needlesto get the exact size to fit.I didn't knit the whole of the item this way just kept on doing small samples.
      Jacki
      ***I can't promise you the MOON, but I can promise SPARKLE.***

http://wiganscraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

chunky or double

You know, I wish I would just follow directions and not putz around with things...just follow the pattern recommendations for yarn, for gauge, for needle size...I think following directions would make my life so much simpler...

What is it in my nature that makes me want - or think I want - to do things a different way....my way....

I guess some of it stems from not having something on hand, and just trying to make do with what I have because I'm out in the country, and also I can't always afford to buy what is recommended....necessity is the mother of invention, right? Also of headaches....happy crafting....

Comment

Yeah, I think you might be right, and i will just follow the pattern. It is way too much faffing around.

Thanks
          Jo

Comment

Working...
          X