My 1st piece of Crochet!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st piece of Crochet!!

My Secret Santa......Mummycupcake.....had sent me a little crochet bag, with wool, a needle and a pair of scissors.
    Yeaterday I knitted my first bag and used the crochet needle to help me with the sewing.

I thought today would be a good day to give crochet a go and made this little flower from the wool and the kit from Mummycupcake!!!

Thank you soo much for introducing me to crochet!!!
    Rach

Facebook
    Website
    Blog
    Folksy

well done you.
    Never been able to crochet more than a straight line of loops. (after that it all gets too complicated.

What a lovely secret santa gift!!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

That's very good. I've never been much good at doing things like that, though haven't tried much recently.
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Oh well done, I quite fancy giving crochet a go, lovely Secret Santa idea too
        "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
        Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Clever you. I love crochet, it grows quicker than knitting. Keep going.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I decided after doing the flower, to have a go at something and get used to the stiches. I could not follow the online tutorial person as she did it all far too quick, so I just did it and I have now made a lovely neck warmer for my flower!! I had no idea what I was making as I was doing it!!
            It is soo cold today, I have decided to stay in and I am now wearing my neckwarmer and I am not taking it off!!

So again Mummycupcake THANK YOU!!!
            Rach

Facebook
            Website
            Blog
            Folksy

Comment

I'm so glad you are enjoying your crochet set.

I was a bit worried about doing the secret santa as I mainly make things for babies and small children.

I came across you on another forum and noticed you liked knitting so I was going to make you a knitting bag but I wanted to make something on my embroidery machine so had to keep it small, you had also mentioned you'd like to try crochet so the idea was born.

When I went to buy the crochet hook I totally confused the lady serving me. I tried to explaing what a secret santa was but she just didnt get it. She asked what size I needed, I didn't know. She asked what size you already had, I didn't know. She asked what you were going to make, I didn't know. I ended up asking which was the most popular. I didn't dare ask her about wool!!! I showed it to my next door neighbour who kindly gave me the wool.

I love your neckwarmer you clearly have a talent for crochetWell done

I hope you liked the picture too x
              www.mummycupcake.misi.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mummycupcake/

Comment

Well your gift certainly turned out to be a good'un!!
                I loved the picture too!! Very neat stitching!!
                Thanks again for all research as I really am over the moon to have discovered crochet!!
                Rach

Facebook
                Website
                Blog
                Folksy

Comment

They look really good, and what a good idea to make a neck warmer!
                  Please visit my stitching blog www.beccasxstitch.com

Comment

Thanks bex
                    I am quite pleased myself!!
                    Rach

Facebook
                    Website
                    Blog
                    Folksy

Comment

lovely items, I love to crochet, just never get the time any more.
                      Sarah

Comment

Working...
                      X