aran knitting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aran knitting.

hello..this is my first post as ive just joined...

i do aran knitting ..and sell a lot at craft fairs...prefer childrens one s mind you..

Hi and welcome. Nice to see you here. I do fabric related crafts mostly but do knit (if pushed).
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

to the forum!

Can I show my irgnorance and ask what's aran knitting. Not sure why but Scotland springs to mind somehow
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

You are right about Scotland it originated on the isle of Aran as far as I know.
        Here is a pic for you.
        http://www.clanarans.com/ca/catalog/...uckley_opt.jpg
        My Aunt used to make them, they can be very complicated to make but are very warm.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by Bea View Post
          to the forum!

Can I show my irgnorance and ask what's aran knitting. Not sure why but Scotland springs to mind somehow

Think cricket jumpers with the cable pattern.
          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hello & to the forum! I love Aran Cardigans & jumpers... My friends mom knitted me one once when I was about 14 and I loved it, so warm & comfy! (wow my memories good lol)
            Sarah

Comment

Hello there.

Back in the 60s Mum and I knitted an Aran dress (for me) - she finished the front and back in the time it took me to knit the sleeves!!

I think it's still about somewhere - I could make a goodly felted bag or two from it (it did felt itself in the armpits).
              Last edited by ElaineJ; 20-11-2008, 02:01 AM.
              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
              website
              blog

Comment

Working...
              X