Can anyone help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help?

Hi All, although I'm a jewellery maker I also knit quite a bit. Anyway went to Principles today and saw a fab scarf and gloves set, thought I would treat myself till I saw the price.... £25 QUID, I may be tight but I nearly had a heart attack!!! Would like to try and locate a pattern for the scarf, I'll try and describe it .. you'll have to bear with me LOL! It was sort of tighter on one side, and looser on the other so it went sort of 'ruffly' on the looser side, almost like a bias cut skirt iykwim! Not a very good description I know but can anyone point me in the right direction please? Selina

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/laure/laure.html
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

HI Goldy, thanks for the link but every time I click it the 'forum reply' page comes up, not sure if its my poota or not!!! I have been on Principles web site and this is the scarf http://www.principles.co.uk/fcp/prod...a-Giftset/9250 Thanks guys, Selina

Comment

Copied and pasted it! Should have done that in the first place, nearly what I'm looking for but not quite, thanks again Goldy, Selina

Comment

Ah right that looks like it might have been knitted in 2 straight pieces then they have been sewn together down the middle and gathered. It also looks machine knitted.

Comment

Do you believe in fate? I do now!! Just put in a search on Ebay and the first one that came up that finishes in 20 mins is the exact scarf I want in the pink colour I wanted it, no bids and its £4.99. Wish me luck!! Selina

Comment

ooh yes I do. good luck.

Comment

YAY I won! Got it for £4.99, obviously no one else was interested in it. Guess I don't need help any more, thanks Goldy, Selina

Comment

Well done.

Comment

flippin' eck spooky or what?
                    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Hi Selina

Glad you won the scarf on Ebay. But if you need a pattern in future just do a google search for curly scarf and you'll find loads.

They are really easy to do, knit or crochet. You cast on and basically increase 2 stitches into every stitch on every row which is what makes it curl.

Alice
                      I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Thanks for your help Alice, I might just remember that if I get fed up with jewellery! Selina

Comment

Working...
                        X