Crochet help required.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crochet help required.....

Does anyone know of a really good beginners guide to filet crochet? I've got one pattern book but, for the life of me, I just can't follow it Even a really good book on basic crochet techniques, would be good. Although I can crochet, I'm dreadful at following crochet patterns
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Youtube has soooo many uses. http://www.google.com/search?q=+file...fficial&hs=T3O
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Best crochet book I've ever found is The Crochet Workshop by James Walters, I bought it when it came out in 1979 - IIRC there's been a fairly recent republishing.

There are various copies on Amazon
      ElaineJ soap and other stuff
      website
      blog

Comment

Thank you so much Goldy, I've had a look at your link and it's really useful but I do also want a book that I can keep referring to
        Jayne

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
          Best crochet book I've ever found is The Crochet Workshop by James Walters, I bought it when it came out in 1979 - IIRC there's been a fairly recent republishing.

There are various copies on Amazon
          Thanks Elaine, that's just the sort of book I'm looking for I'm wondering whether to get the original edition, or, the latest one, I assume they'll be fairly similar.
          Jayne

Comment

I've not seen one of the recent editions and there are used ones of rhe first lot in paperback in good nick at good prices.

I had a look at the hardback prices and there's an original in "as new" at over £200!! This does show that it's valued as a reference book though. (My paperback at 30yrs old hasn't lost any pages and it's been well thumbed as he starts at the very basic and works up to designing complex stuff.)

Can't find my copy ATM - but I know there is a good section on filet.
            website
            blog

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
              I've not seen one of the recent editions and there are used ones of rhe first lot in paperback in good nick at good prices.

I had a look at the hardback prices and there's an original in "as new" at over £200!! This does show that it's valued as a reference book though. (My paperback at 30yrs old hasn't lost any pages and it's been well thumbed as he starts at the very basic and works up to designing complex stuff.)

Can't find my copy ATM - but I know there is a good section on filet.
              I've ordered the one on the link you that posted, from what you've said, it's exactly what I need, thank you
              Jayne

Comment

I've found this crochet book really helpful - stitches explained in lamens terms and lots of lovely patterns to sink your teeth into!

Stitch and bitch- The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller

I know the title sounds a bit dodgy but trust me it is a crochet book!!
                Lady Lora

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
                  I've ordered the one on the link you that posted, from what you've said, it's exactly what I need, thank you
                  I don't think you'll be disappointed - do let me know what you think of it when it arrives.
                  website
                  blog

Comment

Hi
                    I have a 15 page booklet which is fab. When I was learning to crochet I found it really easy to understand. It's called Twilleys book of instant crochet 7th edition. I think I bought it from the CO-OP. It only has a few patterns but all the instructions have large stitch diagrams. Let me know if you can't get it and i'll scan it in for you.
                    Mandy

Comment

Jayne

just seen your post, I am with you on this - can knit most things but can't crack crochet so wil certainly follow up on the suggestions here
                      x

Comment

Working...
                      X