Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on knitting please

Hello all

Been on hols, just back today. Hope you are all okay. I have been knitting a mans slipover which is very nice but it is a vneck and as much as I love knitting i dont like doing v necks. It said to knit to the 3 at the v and then knit or purl (depending on which row you were on) into the back of the second and then the first st and drop off together - fine - then take the 2 slipped sts over the purl (or knit) stitch which I did no problem. I followed it religiously and I suppose it looks okay but I feel it could do with tidying up a bit, has anyone got any tips on how to really make a vneck look nice please, I dont really do many vnecks because of this problem.

Thanks for your help

Kath

I haven't made a V neck for years so I really can't remember how I did it but I know my sisters V's used to always turn out baggy so she used to use some shearing elastic in a matching colour in with the wool. It wasn't stretched hardly but it just helped it stay together better.

Melanie

Comment

v necks

Originally posted by kathleen View Post
      Hello all

Been on hols, just back today. Hope you are all okay. I have been knitting a mans slipover which is very nice but it is a vneck and as much as I love knitting i dont like doing v necks. It said to knit to the 3 at the v and then knit or purl (depending on which row you were on) into the back of the second and then the first st and drop off together - fine - then take the 2 slipped sts over the purl (or knit) stitch which I did no problem. I followed it religiously and I suppose it looks okay but I feel it could do with tidying up a bit, has anyone got any tips on how to really make a vneck look nice please, I dont really do many vnecks because of this problem.

Thanks for your help

Kath
      hi there, yep that sounds right re the pattern, it makes the stitches lean into each other in the centre and either side of the very centre. but i've always heard you only do the v work on the 'right side' of the garment.

Comment

Working...
      X