A question regarding getting hold of a pattern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question regarding getting hold of a pattern

I am wanting to knit the Slouchy Cardigan by Helene Roux. It is published in "Greetings from Knit Cafe", an American book. I've had a look in my library and done a search across all the libraries in my area, but nowhere has it. I could ask them to buy it, but it could take weeks/months and there is no guarantee they would!

My only other alternative would seem to be to buy the book, but at £15, when I only want the one pattern, it would make it too expensive once I have bought the yarn as well.

I don't want to diddle the designer out of royalties - after all, like us she has put hard work into the design - but I don't feel right just asking for a photocopy of the pattern from someone with the book (although I would be fine in terms of copyright laws).

Anyone else been in this situation? What did you do?
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris

See my work at www.miaoucrafts.com/jill

There are some cheaper copies on Amazon uk(just under £8 + £2.75 postage) and on Amazon.com they started at £3.99 but I'm not sure how much the shipping is.
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Thanks for looking poppylee, but that would still make it £10+ (and shipping from the States would make it even more pricey). I think I might have to look at knitting something else instead!
      "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris

See my work at www.miaoucrafts.com/jill

Comment

Working...
      X