Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with knitting pattern!!

Hi all,

​​​​​​I'm not a very experienced knitter and I'm having problems understanding this pattern for a baby bonnet. I would be REALLY grateful of someone was able to help me understand it.

So I got to the decrease. The piece measured 25cm and I finished by doing a row 6, so all good.

However, I don't really understand what to do next. So, do I do a row 7 but incorporating that into a k7, k2tog? Then what happens with row 8 do I continue to k1, purl until last one, k1 or does that need to be decreased?! I'm really confused :/

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Clair
    Attached Files

Hi Clair

That is not a well written pattern and congratulations for getting so far with it. Having read the pattern several times the decreasing instructions are contradictory - I don't see how you can keep the textured pattern and follow the written decrease instructions.

My personal choice would be to leave the texturing at the point you have reached now, and all following rows are either knit (with decreasing) or purl, until you have the required 8 stitches left on the needle.

I hope you find my comments helpful.
    Linda

Comment

Working...
    X