Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knitting Machine?

I hope this is in the right section...
    I would like to buy a knitting machine, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I don't want to end up spending loads... under £25 would be best...
    Can anyone help me here? Thanks!
    Caz

Just wonder if you use a knitting machine, would the products you produce still be considered to be handmade? Hmmm...
    http://www.icraft.ca/craft_boutique

Comment

i bought a small knitting machine called innovations
      great for hats or scarfs
      i use it for charity knitting
      very easy
      i live in markham ontario canada
      so i bought for $80.00
      will make lots different assessorys
      and fun
      and i am sure you can find it where you live\
      rifka

Comment

I use a machine for some of my items, I bought a couple of small bed machines and an old Bond Machine on Ebay. THe bond cost me £7.50 + postage.

I have had no problem selling the items as I always mark that they have been machine knit and I add Hand Knit or Hand Crochet frills and edgings once they have been sewn up. Keep an eye open on ebay as prices are quite low sometimes. You can also get spares on ebay too.

Hope this helps.....and yes it is still hand made as you have to physically move the carriage across the needle bed...... good for your upper body strength too abit like a work out once you get going!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtMyriad View Post
          Just wonder if you use a knitting machine, would the products you produce still be considered to be handmade? Hmmm...
          I have often found machine knitted tems to be termed 'hand loomed' as a lot of manual work such as stitch manipulation, casting off decreasing increasing stitches and making is done by hand

Comment

Working...
          X