Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal thing for claw/tooth necklace. What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal thing for claw/tooth necklace. What is it?

I want to get hold of the metal thing that holds a tooth, claw or crystal. I have several large bird claws I want to make into a necklace but don't know what to call it. I cannot post an example as URL posting is disabled for me. If you like you can type something like "claw pendant" into google image search and you will see what I mean. Any help will be much appreciated. Pye.

Hi pye, welcome to the forum, I dont have a clue, but i'm sure someone who can help will come along....

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Do you mean a bail?

HTH
      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

You can indeed use a bail if the claw is already drilled. Otherwise you can glue the top inside a bead cap. We have a 4mm bead cap that opens to wrap the top of the claw and all you need is use some glue to keep it in place. (http://www.justbeads.co.uk/4prong-bell-cap-p-1373.html)
        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I've got a wide selection of 'Pinch Bails' in both Sterling Silver and Silver Plated on the site,

If you're interested in having a look go to 'Sterling Silver' Category > 'Bails'

or 'Silver Plated' Category > 'bails'

Hope this is the type of thing you're looking for

Debbie
          www.beadservice.net
          On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Those things could do but I'm looking for something that actually holds the claw in place like a wee cup.

I will look into using those bails though. My claws unfortunately do not have bone in them, they are only sheaths as I didn't have time to remove bone also so I might need to fill them with something before drilling the hole. This is particularly why I ask for something that covers the end.

Comment

Working...
            X