Help with chain problem - please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with chain problem - please!

The place I normally get my silver plated chain in 15 metre lengths from is Julesgems but they had sold out of the kind I always buy, so I ordered some other kind, I received it today and the inner diameter is too small to put jump rings through, or anything through really. They don't have anything else suitable on their website.

The problem is I really need some chain to use, because I have a jewellery party on Monday and still have some making to get done.

Can anyone recommend suppliers you've used for silver plated chain before please, bearing in mind I'll need a fast delivery.

Thanks
    Sarah x

Muddle Website
    Muddle's Facebook Page

I have found that Beadservice do a very fast delivery service, I ordered some bookmarks late on Friday afternoon and I had them the next day. So may be worth giving them a try if they have the chain that you need.
    www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Many thanks for your help, I'll have a look.
      Sarah x

Muddle Website
      Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

try p j minerals also known as wwwbeads they are brilliant really helpful and deliver the next day, dianne

Comment

Thanks, I'll look there too.
          Sarah x

Muddle Website
          Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

I can't really help sorry. However, I am interested to know what chain people buy and from where. I've had a nightmare with the stuff I have bought in the past. Some of it just breaks, some is really lightweight, I never know what I'm going to get until it arrives - def a problem having to buy everything mail order!!

Perhaps you can give me some tips on what to look out for.

Claire x

Comment

www.julesgems.co.uk do have really good chain, but the one I want is out of stock for a month

You can buy in 2 metre lengths or 15 on some.
              Sarah x

Muddle Website
              Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

I buy my chain by the metre from international craft and find it very good quality. And also their fine trace chains, they are amazing. For very fine chain, I buy 3mm jump rings from helen's little gems, they fit through the tiny holes!
                My supplies shop The Crafty Little Bead Shop
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for your help. That looks like a good website.

I've just looked at your shop too, I love all those charms, I might be ordering some of those soon.
                  Sarah x

Muddle Website
                  Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

Have you looked at jillysbeads? They do chain and they are usually really fast delivery, havent looked for a while though, as havent made anything for months!!
                    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have so much choice now, I don't know where to start.
                      Sarah x

Muddle Website
                      Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

Hi Sarah

I have silver plated chain in stock for immediate delivery.

You'll find it on the site under 'plated findings' > 'chain'

Debbie
                        www.beadservice.net
                        On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Oh, I just ordered some from somewhere,
                          I had to do it before 12.30 to get special delivery for tomorrow and I hadn't checked back on here.. damn!

Thanks for your help though, I will definitely keep your store bookmarked for future, I'll be looking for a regular supplier soon.
                          Sarah x

Muddle Website
                          Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                          X