Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a website together

Hi,

I'd just like some advice on how I can get a website together but is not too expensive?

I'v tried taking photos of my own jewellery, putting it against a white board, shining light onto it, but they don't look very good.

I wonder if anyone has tips on taking photos?

Thanks,
    Lindsey

I have to take alot of pics for my pieces but haven't really got the time to spend fiddling around to get the best quality pics .....but I use a light tent and 2 lamps I bought for about £30 from ebay. I turn the exposure up on the camera to quite a high setting so the pics have a kind of gloss and then I put delete shadows on a freebie version of photoshop ,so the background doesn't appear grey on the white background of my website.
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

I used normal daylight taking my photos and I also like to put in something pretty with it, like some dried flowers, a shell, stone.

But the most important thing is light so maybe try to take the photos close to a window or maybe even outside.
      http://www.youyours.se

Comment

Originally posted by youyours View Post
        I used normal daylight taking my photos and I also like to put in something pretty with it, like some dried flowers, a shell, stone.

But the most important thing is light so maybe try to take the photos close to a window or maybe even outside.
        I agree, I'm no expert but I've found natural daylight is really important. My camera's got an auction setting, which is also really helpful & I always edit my photos twice, once on Olympus Master (it's the program that came with the camera) and then again on a really cheap 'Print Master' program, where I can 'pretty' the pictures up a bit. With me, it's all a bit 'trial & error' really, I just fiddle around until I get something that looks OK. I think the more you do it, the quicker & easier it becomes.
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

If you don't have a 'SLR' camera, then it's best to take photos in natural daylight, and edit the photo in some type of photoshop program.

Cropping your photo in a program can help a lot, as can the facility to lighten the background

Debbie
          www.beadservice.net
          On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Use the macro setting on your camera, it's normally a button with a flower icon on it. It makes all the difference when taking pictures close up. But don't get too close, the camera still needs to be able to focus. Take lots of photos of each piece and from different angles and with different backgrounds, you can go through and delete all the bad ones once you uploaded them to your computer, this way just gives you more option when deciding on your final picture. I use daylight and coloured card as backgrounds.
            My supplies shop The Crafty Little Bead Shop
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for all your replies...

I hope to take some photos soon and will certainly bring on board all the great tips.

ta x

Comment

Working...
              X