Mens Jewellery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mens Jewellery

I make plenty of ladies and girls jewellery but seem to really struggle with mens and ive had a few people ask if i can make some but I just dont seem to have any insperation or ideas to make these.
    Does anyone have any ideas that will help me please?
    https://www.facebook.com/jewellery.ms

Simple is best!

I also find mens jewellery more difficult to design! I find that Leather, stainless steel, wooden beads and cord often attract men (mainly Leather in my shop, my best seller for men in a 6mm black leather cord with a simple magnetic clasp) Also a popular choice is a pendant on a cord or chain . I think if we are creative by nature we often want to design something complex and fabulous, but men just don't want that! Simple is best!
    http://mosaic-creativity.co.uk
    News: http://www.mosaic-creativity.co.uk/news/
    Email: [email protected]

Beads. Jewellery >>> Creativity

Comment

What about something to do with a hobby? My husband does clay pigeon shooting and had me searching high and low for some cufflinks like small bullets. Dog owners may want a nice whistle on a leather necklace. He also used to wear a leather plaited bracelet when we went on holiday.

Comment

Men doesn't have as jewelry options as women. They have very limited jewelry options such as cufflinks, watches etc. You can design cufflinks. Cufflinks are chic fashion of men. It gives rich and sophisticated look to shirt.

Comment

Hi everyone, been a while since I have been on. I was recently asked to make a couple of men's bracelets, I made two chainmaille weaves (byzantine and full persian) out of Stainless Steel and my customer was very happy.

Good luck
          Rachel

Comment

Men's jewellery is a tough one I have recently bought a DVD with men's jewellery ideas, yet to watch it but need to make my hubby something for his Birthday in a couple of weeks, I am thinking of leather cord or satin cord and maybe some dark coloured gemstones, will try out a couple of things and get around to watching the DVD. There are probably lots of design ideas and tutorials on You Tube, so that might be worth a look. I also want to have a go a cuff links, they seem pretty straight forward, I did make my cousin some cuff links using small dominos, for his 21st a couple of years ago, the dots on the domino tiles added to 21 they were easy to do and he loved them. Have also seen cuff links made from Lego brick and Scrabble tiles, resin is something else that could be used well in men's jewellery, I haven't worked with it much, another thing to go on my l need to do more this year....it's a long list!

Good luck, I think there is a real market out there for men's jewellery, I'm sure you'll come up with some great ideas.

Helen
            Helen

'If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain sometimes'

http://www.folksy.com/shops/helsbellshan...
            http://www.misi.co.uk/store_info.php?use...

Comment

Originally posted by maria0932 View Post
              I make plenty of ladies and girls jewellery but seem to really struggle with mens and ive had a few people ask if i can make some but I just dont seem to have any insperation or ideas to make these.
              Does anyone have any ideas that will help me please?
              Most English men run away (sometimes even literally) if you suggest anything except cufflinks for them to wear as jewellery. But single or three pearls on leather has proved popular as a neck piece or bracelet. It looks a big sort of rugged i suppose. Heaven forbid chains and gold charms etc or anything like Mr T/medallion man.
              I don't think Jeremy Clarkson could ever be accused for being girlie but he does sometimes wear a tied-on bracelet with a couple of beads or similar necklace. I know one perfectly male bloke in the pearl business who wears a full tahitian pearl necklace, but they are of pearls from his own pearl farm so that's okay by me.

Comment

Hi, A lot of of my male friends like to wear the 'geek chic' jewellery like anything to do with comics, lego, periodic table, moustaches, that sort of thing.. Its a really fashionable trend that males seem to lap up. A classic mens jewellery style i.e. leather incorporated with this sort of design would do well I think :-)
                "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
                www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

Love the word "geek chic".... and I think it would appeal to men as well.
                  www.burningbricht.co.uk
                  www.facebook.com/burningbricht

Comment

I know so many men who like the type of thing I had to categorise it somehow :-D
                    "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
                    www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

I am exactly the same, ie struggle to do mens jewellery, so although I have been asked, I kinda gave up trying to come up with it, lol. Its something I should revisit perhaps. I did however once make a bracelet with tigers eye and a lady bought it for her husband, who then told me about a month later that he doesnt ever take it off......then another time I made a plain thick leather bracelet with a magnet clasp and a man bought that.....both these items were unintentional for mens jewellery! So yeah, seems simply is best as mentioned above and they dont mind the odd gemstone :-)
                      www.samzjewelz.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/SamzJewelz
                      http://samzjewelz.wordpress.com
                      Email: [email protected]

Comment

These days men are also showing interest in jeweleries, like bracelet, rings, chains and studs. Jewelery maker can try something new in making bracelets or studs for men.

Comment

My old man wears a necklace I made all time, it is a simple row of black seed beads (8s) on monofilament with black plate findings.

Comment

I think men's jewellery has to look like something they sort of made from stuff picked up while out hunting in the jungle. At least that is how we look at man designing here. With a bit of 'would Jeremy Clarkson wear it' as a sort of double check (he does wear jewellery, and is pretty bloky and British)
                            No heavy gold chains or medallions. uber-yuck
                            The average brit male runs away at the idea of anything except a watch.

Comment

I only wear a watch with a stopwatch facility for work, hate seeing blokes with all sorts of gold or silver hanging off them (I ditched ego a long time since) and sometimes a half row of prayer beads (Jade, 54 beads)under my shirt, but if I go out I wear my favourite cufflinks made up of 2 groats, polished, gold plated then all the detail enamelled in separate colours which has my birth year on, and a smarter watch. that's about it. Functional.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                              X