Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A future gold- and silversmith here

Hi everyone
    I'm Christa and I thought I'd say hi in here since this is where I will spend most of my time.

I've done jewellery design for a few years now but want to go a bit further and take things to a new level.
    The plan is to start working more in gold and silver, and do more projects from the very beginning. In other words, smithing is on the list.
    Thought that this will be a great way to meet up with those with similar interests

My current designs are leaning towards Steampunk, but I want to refine that and make it more acceptable to a broader audience. I would upload some images, but I'm not sure I'm allowed
    to since I just got registered.

I hope you have some information for me and I also hope I can contribute with something in return

Hi Christa!

Looking forward to seeing some of your designs - and some of your future designs too, it sounds like you are headed in a really interesting direction design-wise

My area of interest is in beads and bead-making myself. I've done a little bit of silver metal work, but didn't get too far. Keep meaning to dedicate more time to that, but of course it never happens!
    Emma
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
    www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Hi Emma Nice to meet you.

I've fiddled with beads as well in the past, but I've headed in the other direction. And I know what it's like to have a lack of time. Could use another 12 hours per day at least
      if I wanted to learn everything I've planned to.

Above are a few of my older designs, all Steampunk inspired.
      The ring is brass, stainless steel and a diamond.
      The first pendant is entirely bits and pieces from watches.
      And the second pendant was a commission. That one was shaped from brass pieces taken from an old pocket watch, some of them used as is, while others were reshaped to fit the purpose.

I'm a sucker for watches and I haven't got a clue why. I really don't want to leave it all behind entirely, but at the same time I've come to realize that a lot of people not using the web has no clue what this is. So it's not easy to sell offline.

Comment

Working...
      X