Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attaching a picture to a glass cabochon?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching a picture to a glass cabochon?!

I wondered if anyone could help me. I have some clear glass domed cabochons that I want to glue a picture behind, and then glue to a setting. I am currently using diamond glaze by putting it on the back of the cab and pushing it onto the picture. They are looking great - but at some angles bubbles are showing up - Like specks of silver/white. It's driving me mad! Luckily I can soak them and reuse them. I am thinking about giving up as I can't master this! Any tips would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nat

When I put pictures and Patterns behind mine, I use cement glue as it has a really fine tip because its usually used for beads but I just go round the edge of the dome with it, stick it on to the image then do the same on the setting.

Does that make sense haha ?

X
    Blog: www.whenlifegavemelemonadee.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

I use Mod Podge/PVA to attach pictures to glass tops - Diamond Glaze is possibly a little too gelatinous, hence the bubbles?
      Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

Originally posted by blackwillow View Post
        I use Mod Podge/PVA to attach pictures to glass tops - Diamond Glaze is possibly a little too gelatinous, hence the bubbles?
        I think I will try mod Podge! Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X